Chapter Twenty One

Savannah

I step outside and slowly walk to where Kaden is leaning against his truck talking to Quinn. I can't make out what they're saying, but Kaden sighs and nods. Quinn spots me and gives me a small smile. He pats Kaden on the shoulder and walks past me back to the house.

I walk up next to Kaden, but he doesn't say anything. "I can get Sarah to give me a ride back to the dorms if you don't want to take me." I say quietly.

Kaden looks up at me, and I can tell he's still angry, but it's starting to die down a little. "I'll take you." he nods for me to get in the truck. I climb in and notice the arrowhead I gave him for his birthday, which is hanging around the rearview mirror. I feel an instant pang of guilt. I shouldn't have lied.

"Kaden, I'm sorry!" I blurt out when we start down the road. He doesn't say anything, so I continue. "It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't want you to get in another fight because of me." Kadens knuckles are white from gripping the steering wheel so tight, but he stays silent and lights acigarette. "Please say something."

"I can't right now because I'm mad as fuck Savannah." He slices his eyes to mine. "I can't stand the thought of anyone else's hands on you and you lied to me about it. I need to calm down before I talk to you because I know I'll say some shit that will hurt your feelings and then you'll threaten to not speak to me for a week. Give me a minute to get my shit together!"

I decide to keep my mouth shut because what he's saying makes sence. We spend the rest of the drive silent and when he doesn't make a move to kiss me when pull in the campus parking lot I get out without saying a word and fight back the tears trying to make their way out. I really thought lying was my best option last night but now I wish more than anything I would have just told Kaden the truth.

Zades is slow for a Saturday but I still make pretty decent on tips. I haven't heard from Kaden since he dropped me off. I have no idea if he still wants me to come over tonight. I take my time cleaning up and counting my tips. My heart litterly jolts with relief when I see Kaden leaning up against my car when I walk out of the resturant. I can't help myself and I nearly jog over to him and latch my arms around his waist. "I'm so sorry." I mumble and craddle my head into his chest.

"I know baby." he says and kisses the top of my head. "Let's go home. We can get your car tomorrow. " I climb in his truck and I want to cry because I'm so relieved. We dont talk the whole way to Kadens house but he places his hand on my thigh and that let's me know we're ok.

When we get inside he gestures for me to sit down on the couch. "I'm still pissed that you lied to me and even more pissed that I didn't get to beat the shit out of the fucker who touched you, but I know you think you were doing the right thing." He pauses and tilts my chin up "but Savannah don't ever lie to me again." his blue eyes are intense and I want to look away but I don't.

"I won't Kaden, I promise." I lean over and press my lips to his softly and Kaden grabs my wrist and brings me to sit in his lap. I gently run my fingers across his cheek "I was afraid you would push away from me again."

"That's always my first instinct, but I'm trying hard to be different." he says as he slowly nips at my neck.

"I know." I breathe out when he pulls my earlobe between his teeth. I can't help but grind against his lap. Kaden waste no time getting us both undressed and pulling me back onto his lap. He positions himself, and then I lower onto him and roll my eyes back as he fills me. Kaden brings his bottom lip in between his teeth and brings one hand up and wraps my ponytail around his fist, and gently pulls my head back. I continue to circle my hips slowly. In one swift motion, he moves so that I'm on my back and he's hovering over me. Kaden doesn't keep at the slow pace I was, and he quickly thrust into me, and I wrap my legs around him. I put my hand over my mouth to try and stiffle my moans, but Kaden pulls it back "No I want to hear you." he grits out and thrusts harder. I squeeze my thighs thighter around him and dig my fist in my own hair "Kaden" I moan over and over as he brings me over the edge. Kaden curses and buries his head in my neck as he stills and finishes, placing a kiss on my forehead like always.