Chapter Twelve

Savannah

Kaden is leaning against the wall when I walk out into the hallway. He looks up at me and bites his lip as he lets out a chuckle.

"Are you alright?" he asks, his blue eyes full of humor.

"Yes, just humiliated." I sigh but can't help but laugh.

My heart almost leaps out of my chest when Kaden stretches his arm around my shoulders as we walk down the hall.

"Oh wait, I forgot my purse."

"You don't need it." he says as we walk out into the parking lot

After we eat we decide to go back to Kadens house instead of the party. Kaden has to see that we're more than just friend's after today. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Once we're pulling in Kadens driveway my phone starts vibrating.

It's Louis. We traded numbers in case either of us missed history or creative writing so we would still know what was due. But why is he calling me now?

I curiously answer. "Hi"  I say.

Kaden glances at me but steps out of the truck and around to the front. I'm not exactly sure what he's doing.

"Hey Savannah. I'm sorry to call you so late but I was wondering if you have the name of the website Ms Rice said we could use to verify references, I thought I wrote it down but I didn't and I'm so behind on homework and I__" he sounds so flustered.

"I don't have it with me right now, but I can text it to you in the morning."

Louis sighs, "Thanks. I really am sorry for calling so late. I just ... I just shouldn't have taken on so many classes this semester." I can sense the anxiety in his voice. I immediately feel for him.

"Look, if you're having trouble, I'm more than happy to help you out. We can study, and I'll help you get caught up at least in history and creative writing." I tell him.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yes, of course. I have to work tomorrow, but I get off a little after eight, and I could help you then or Sunday."

"Sunday morning would be great. Are you sure, though? I really don't want to bother you."

Kaden steps back around to where his drivers side door is still opened and seems to be uninterested in the conversation until I say, "Louis, it's fine. I'll meet you on Sunday. " Kadens head snaps up, and his blue eyes glare at me.

"I'll text you tomorrow, ok?" I say quickly, my eyes never leaving Kadens.

"Ok, thanks. Talk to you tomorrow." Louis says.

I tell him bye and hang up the phone.

"What?" I ask Kaden.

"Why the hell is he calling you?" He snaps.

"Becuase he's my friend." I say, and Kaden rolls his eyes. "he just wants me to help him study."

"Yea, I bet that's what he wants." Kaden slams the truck door and starts walking toward the house.

I scurry out of the truck and walk quickly to catch up to Kaden. "What is your problem?" I shout as he stomps up the steps to the porch.

"I already told you that I don't like him!" He says angrily through gritted teeth and turns to fling the front door open.

"So? Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean I can't be friends with them. You're not even my boyfriend. You have no say so in what I do."

Kaden stops and waits a moment before turning around to face me.