Chapter Six

Savannah

My alarm rings, and I'm not ready to get up. I tossed and turned all night last night, not for any reason in particular. Sleep just wouldn't come.

I rake a comb through my copper curls and add some hair products, and hope for the best. I pull on a maroon t shirt and a pair of white shorts and off to class I go. I should've worn pants, the airs a little cool this morning. I sit through my first two classes anxiously awaiting time when I get to see Kaden.

Finally, it's time for my creative writing class, and I walk in, making my way to my seat. Kaden has on a red T-shirt and blue jeans, and he looks devine as usual.

He doesn't even look my way as I sit down. I immediately feel a little bit of panic and replay the night in my head, wondering if I did something or said something wrong. "Hey," I finally work up the nerve to say. "Hey," he responds, still not bothering to look at me.

I can't fathom what could have changed from last night until this morning. I don't want to admit it to myself, but my feelings are hurt, and I feel embarrassed.

We don't speak at all throughout class, and when it's over, I grab my bag, hoping he will say something before I walk out, but he doesn't. He just sits there.

I sit through my last class of the day, telling myself he's just a dumb boy that I barely know, and there is no reason for me to be upset.

I take my time walking back to my dorm, looking over every bulliten board, and every flyer pinned to them.

"Savannah." I hear a voice calling behind me. I turn around and see Quinn walking towards me. "Hey," I smile at him. "Hey, are you coming to the party tonight?"

"No, I dont think so."

"Oh, come on, it's gonna be fun."

"I've got a lot of homework to catch up on, but I think Lexie is coming."

"You're going to spend a friday night doing homework, lame ... Kaden will be there." he adds with a wink.

"Im sure they'll be plenty of girls to entertain Kaden."

"Well yea probably, but you should still come. Just think about it, ok?" He smiles. Im sure he's used to getting girls to melt at his smile, and I probably would too if I hadn't already melted under Kadens.

"I'll think about it, but It's probably still going to me a no." I smile as he pushes the door to outside open for me.

Once I get to the dorm, I fall back onto my bed and stare at the ceiling, wondering how I'm going to survive my entire weekend cooped up in this room.

Lexie comes bouncing through the door a little after four. "Come on, let's get ready." She says gleefully.

"Ready for what?" I prop up on my elbows and look quizzically at her.

"We're gonna go eat and then go to the party."

"I'll go eat with you, but I don't know about the party."

"Come on, it will be fun. Are you really going to spend the entire night in here alone?"

The thought is daunting, and as much as I dont want to admit it, I do want to see Kaden even if he ignores me the entire night.

"Im going to go shower, and when I get back, I'll help you do your hair and make up."

"Sure." I dont bother arguing because I was going to ask for help anyway. I want to look different tonight.

After an hour, Lexie returns and shimmys into a black pair of capris and a neon green tank top. When she's finished with her make-up and hair and she grins at me and says, "Now it's your turn."