Chapter Eight

Savannah

New Orleans is wonderful. We don't have time to see the entire city, but Kaden takes me to see the french quarter and we eat dinner at a very nice restaurant. I order cautiously because there aren't any prices on the menu and I have no clue how much it ended up costing because Kaden wouldn't let me see the check and he of course paid for my meal despite my protest.

Lexie texts me and tells me she was at Jonahs sleeping off a hangover. I just tell her I'm out and will be back to the dorm late.

Once we make our way back to Kadens truck I'm exhausted, but it's litterly been the best day that I can remember.

"So how was it?" Kaden asks between yawning.

"It was amazing. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

"Did you have fun?" I ask.

"Yeah, I really did."

"That was really nice of you to take me."

Kaden just smiles. I've known him for nine days, and I've already started to develop feelings for him, and I can only hope that those feelings will eventually be reciprocated.

I lean my head against the window and drift off.

"Savannah," Kaden whispers as he gently touches my arm. "We're back on campus now."

I raise up and rub my eyes. "Sorry. I was exhausted."  I say, stretching my arms in front of me.

"Yea, you were snoring pretty loud," he laughs.

"I don't snore!"

"How do you know?" He cocks his head to side and smirks.

How do I know?

"I ... Just know."

"Come on I'll walk you to your dorm" he smiles. Once again my stomach flutters. He has to like me right? Or maybe this is just his way of being friendly.

Kaden walks around the truck and opens my door. Even if he doesn't consider himself a good guy at least he has great manners.

"This was the best day ever. I really can't thank you enough." I smile shyly up at him.

"I'm happy you had a great time."  Kaden says as we walk towards my building.

"Me too. It's nice to be spontaneous for once." I let out a small laugh.

"Next thing you know you'll be making out with strangers in bathrooms." Kaden teases and I playfully nudge him with my elbow.

"Only with you." I say and then blush realizing my words give away the fact that I want more with Kaden. Thankfully we've made it to my door now.

"Well thanks again. I'll see you in class tomorrow?" I say.

"Yea. See you tomorrow." He runs his fingers through his hair and turns to walk away but then stops "Savannah I ..." He trails off and my heart is thumping out of my chest wondering what he'll say next. "I better go." he finally says and turns on his heels and off he goes without another word.

I stand in the hallway until he's out of sight. What was that? I unlock the door and go inside. If I wasnt so exhausted I would lie awake half the night overanalyzing the awkward exchange Kaden and I just had. I'm relieved that Lexie is asleep. I change into my pajamas and crawl into bed hoping that Kaden will at least acknowledge me in class tomorrow.

Monday morning comes and of course I wake up late. I throw on a gray t-shirt and some jeans and throw my hair up in a bun and head to class.

When I get to creative writing Kaden isn't in his usual seat. I scan the room a few times and he's not here. Once our professor mentions our papers I realize theres actually no need for Kaden and I to work together other than swapping our papers before the deadline and writing a review for the others paper.