Chapter Sixteen

Savannah

I make Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and macoroni and cheese.

"Ok so you can come over every weekend and cook if you want." Kaden says before he piles his plate full for the second time.

"And what would be in it for me?" I ask playfully.

Kaden shrugs his shoulders "I'll think of something." he grins and I roll my eyes at him. I am pleased with how great the food turned out but I barley get half my plate down.

For some reason I feel incredibly emotional. Normally doing things with Kaden that any other normal couple would be doing would make me estatic, but I feel very sad, like this is just a glimpse of a future I'll never have with him.

I pull myself together quickly because I know he will push away from me for sure if he thinks my feelings are getting stronger.

Kaden looks at me and then looks down at my plate. "Why are you not eating?"

"I'm just not hungry." I sigh and look anywhere but at the piercing blue eyes pointed in my direction.

"Please eat Savannah." Kadens voice is so soft and pleading that I find myself picking up my fork before I can think of a different excuse.

I take a few more bites and then clear the table and put the leftovers in the fridge. Kaden helps me clean up the kitchen, which surprises me but pleases me at the same time.

"You can stay here again ... If you want to." Kaden says

"We have class tomorrow." I want to stay. I really do. I would spend every second with Kaden if I could. But I feel like I'm getting so many mixed signals that I need to clear my head. The look he gives me, though, melts me, and I know I can't put up a fight.

"So? Just stay." he walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist "Please," he whispers and then begins to nip at my ear.

"Will you take me to my dorm early enough to change my clothes?"

"Yes," he says in a low voice, placing kisses down my neck. Kaden takes me by the hand and leads me to the bedroom, and I push my thoughts to the side and just decide to enjoy another amazing night with him.

Kaden is wrapped around me as we lie in bed. I look over at the clock, and it's two in the morning. I'm so happy and terrified all at once. I'm happy to be here like this, but I don't know if my heart can stand anymore rejection from him. He said he's ok with just being with me, but what happens when he becomes bored with me? I know he could have any girl he wanted, so for him to choose me makes no sense. I continue to will myself to believe he will change his mind, and somehow, we could be so much more than friends.

I gently scoot his arm over, so I can look at the inscription on the inside of his bicep. "For I am my brothers keeper," is written in cursive there.

Monday morning, I wake up and gently kiss Kaden, trying to get him awake. I keep kissing him and playing with his hair until he finally stirs. Blue eyes meet mine, and he gives me a sleepy smile.

"We could just skip school today." he says as he wraps his arms back around me.

"No, we can't. Besides you have a paper to write." I lean into him. He's so warm, and I bring my hand up to trace over the crow on his chest. "This is beautiful." I say as my finger slides across the wings.

"Beautiful?" He looks at me with a smirk.

"Yes. There's something dark about it, but It's still beautiful." Kaden stares at me for a moment and then kisses me on the forehead.