chapter Five

Savannah

Lexie is lying in bed when I get to the dorm.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yea, I just have a headache. How was your day?"

"It was good. I'm going with Kaden to his place to work on a paper."

Lexie raises a brow. "Hmm, work on a paper. Is that what the college kids call it nowadays?" She laughs.

"Yes, really, a paper. We got partnered up in our creative writing class, and the paper is due in three weeks, so .."

"Hey, you dont have to explain anything to me even if you weren't going over there for a paper."

"I think I'm starting to kind of ...I dont know like him a little, I guess."

"I think anyone who has eyes would like Kaden. He's hot." She laughs but then adds."Just be careful. I've heard he has quite the reputation."

"I know. That's why I'm not gonna get my hopes up." I've only known Lexie for a week, but I already feel like she is a genuine friend.

"Hey, just because he's a player doesn't mean you can't have fun with him. Just keep your feelings in check, and you'll be fine."

"I hope so."

"Well, I'm gonna take some Tylenol and try to take a nap."

"Ok, I hope you feel better."

At 3:50, there's a knock on the door, and I hurry over to open it before Lexie wakes up. When I open the door, Kaden is standing there looking amazing as usual. I mean, I just saw him an hour and a half ago, but still, he's beautiful.

"You ready?"

"Yea, let me just grab my bag?"

"How far from here do you live?" I ask.

"About twenty minutes outside of town." As we walk, literally every girl we pass blushes and smiles when they see Kaden, and I'm annoyed when he returns a smile.

"You have quite the fan club." I scoff.

"What do you mean?" He asks, pretending not to see the group of girls whispering and staring at him.

I nod towards the annoying girls.

"Eh, typical freshman." He smirks.

I smile at his dismissive response until I remember that I'm a freshman.

Once we get to the parking lot, Kaden opens the passenger door to a black Chevrolet truck.

"I thought you weren't a gentleman." I say as I climb up into the lifted truck.

"I'm not. I just wanted a good view of your ass while you climbed in with those shorts on."

I know this is just a game to him, but I can't help but be flattered at his words. The truck starts with a roar, and we head out onto the highway.

I haven't really been out around Baton Rouge except for the few places I've gone with Lexie.

"Where are you from?" Kaden asks, breaking the silence.

"North Carolina."

"That's a long way off. What made you decide to come to louisanna?"

"I was given a scholarship, and It was the furthest place away from home that I was accepted." I wanted to put as many miles behind me as I could.

"You wanted to be far from home?"

"Yea, there's nothing for me there."

"What about your family?" He's nosey.