Chapter Seventeen

Savannah

I've hid in the kitchen long enough. I want Kaden to know I'm here, not that it's going to make a difference.

I walk into the living area and immediately see Quinn.

"Long time no see." he grins and hugs me.

"Hey. How are you?" I give him a fake smile, and Quinn wraps his arm around me as we walk farther into the living room. "Good. You?" He asks.

"Oh, fantastic." I say as we walk closer to Kaden.

Kaden peers up at me with red, bloodshot eyes. As we get close to him, I smell something ... Marijuana. And he reaks of it. I hope I can hold it together long enough to figure out a way to excuse myself.

"Look who I found roaming around." Quinn says.

Kaden doesn't say anything as he presses the liquor bottle to his mouth. I can feel my eyes becoming glossy, but I hold back my tears. I'm not going to embarrass myself, not again.

"I really should go." I say.

"Go? You just got here." Quinn says.

"Yea, but I have to be up early tomorrow." I lie.

"What for?" Quinn asks.

"I ... I have to help a friend study for a test." I lie again, and I know it's childish, but I want a reaction out of Kaden. I want him to think I'm spending tomorrow with Louis.

Kadens eye's dart towards mine, and I think I see anger flash in them, but then he starts laughing, and I feel my stomach drop.

"Something funny?" I ask.

"No. Not at all." Kaden says, smirking.

"I have to go." I look up at Quinn, who is completely clueless about what is going on.

"Run along then." Kaden spits harshly, and I can't hold it in anymore.

"What is your problem?" I ask loudly."Do you just enjoy stringing me along and then being an asshole to me?" I don't normally curse, but I'm so angry and upset right now.

"Stringing you along?" Kaden stands and peers down at me, and Quinn glances back and forth between us. "I've told you since day one that we were nothing. It's not my fault you can't take a fucking hint!" I feel the tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"You sure have a funny way of giving hints Kaden." I choke out and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Just because we spend a few nights together and have sex doesn't mean you're anything special Savannah." His words tear through my chest and I feel sick to my stomach.

"Come on man, you're drunk. Let's get some air." Quinn says and looks at me sympathetically. I can tell by his expression he's uncomfortable.

"Why then? Why did you keep coming around?" My voice breaks.

"I think the real question is why did you keep letting me come around?" He shrugs "And besides why wouldn't I keep coming around. I could get what I wanted from you and send you on your way and you always came back for more." he smirks and I don't realize what I'm doing until my hand connects with his face. I slap him hard and quickly turn around pushing my way into the Kitchen where Lexie is leaning up against Jonah. She quickly stands when she takes in my appearance and she grabs my arm when I try to head for the door. "What's going on? What happened?" She asks frantically.

I sob, trying to find my words, but then Lexies glare is directed behind me. "What did you do to her?" Shes hisses.

"What?" I hear Kaden snap from behind me.