Chapter Seven

Savannah

I spend the rest of the evening lying in bed and watching movies. I'm suprised when my eyes start getting heavy around eleven considering I've only been up around ten hours. I don't fight it I just go back to sleep.

When I wake up around eight in the morning Lexie isn't back yet. I guess she stayed the night with Jonah. I roll over and go back to sleep until I'm woken by someone knocking on the door.

I get up and stride to door assuming Lexie forgot her key. When I open the door, Kadens standing in front of me.

"Good morning sunshine." He smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"The paper. We said we'd work on it Sunday and it's Sunday."

"Oh yea" I rub my head "why so early?" I ask as I open the further for him to come in.

"It's almost noon." He teases "I would have texted you but I dont have your number."

"I'm sure I'm the only girl on campus who's number you don't have." I can't stiffle the bitterness in my voice.

"Nah I dont take numbers usually.... I barley take names." He says truthfully.

"At least you dont pretend you're a good guy." I say as I rummage through my dresser.

"No use in pretending." He shrugs.

"I just need to throw some clothes on really fast."

"Just wear those." He nods towards my sweats.

"I slept in these." I scoff and he lets out a chuckle.

I grab a purple LSU t-shirt that was given to me by student admissions my first day on campus and a pair of blue jeans. I go into the closet and change.

When I step back out Kaden is sitting at Lexies desk.

I throw my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head because honestly that's the only thing I can do with it today.

I slip on my flip flops and start looking around my desk for a protein bar.

"What are you looking for?" Kaden asks.

"A protein bar."

"Come on, I haven't had breakfast either. We'll stop and get something."

"Fine, but I'm buying." I grab my purse as Kaden rolls his eyes.

Kaden opens the door to his truck, and I slide in. ACDC fills the speakers when he starts the engine.

"How was the party last night?" I ask.

"Same as usual, everyone got wasted."

"Oh, I guess I didn't miss much." I say.

"Why didn't you come?"

"I had other plans." to sit and watch Netflix, but he doesn't have to know that.

"Oh."

"Thank you for helping Lexie get me to the car Friday night. I couldn't remember if I had already thanked you or not."

"Actually, you told me you would rather fall down the stairs than for me to help you, but you're welcome."

"Yea, I remember that part. Sorry." I say embarrassed by my drunk rambling.

"It's ok, I get it, you were jealous." He smirks.

"Jealous? I was not jealous."

"You were definitely Jealous." He raises his eyebrows and glances at me.