Chapter Fourteen

Savannah

I make it to my third class late which flusters me and out of habit sit down in my old seat next to Kaden. I think about getting up and moving but that would just draw more attention to me.

I twist my hands in my lap nervously all through class. Halfway through I shift my eyes to look at Kaden and he's staring towards the front of the classroom where the professor is talking. His hair is perfectly messed up and pushed back, he has on a red, plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. It's unbuttoned all the way down and he has on a black t-shirt underneath. Right when I decide I need to stop staring, clear blue eyes meet mine and I flush then look away, embarrassed to be caught staring at him.

I shift back and forth in my chair anxious for class to end. I feel myslef grasping at the idea that maybe just having a physical relationship with Kaden is better than the misery I've felt being away from him all week.

I dart out the door when the professor dismisses us, I make it through my last class and then head to the coffee shop Louis and I studied at. It's quiet and I need quiet right now. I spend hours doing homework, drinking coffee and staring out the window as the rain pours down outside.

Soft music plays throughout the coffee shop and I notice that its completely dark outside. When I check the time on my phone it's after seven and my quiet retreat closes at eight.

When I'm back at the dorm, Lexie greets me and tells me about her day and insist I come out with her and everyone tomorrow. Part of me wants to decline but the nosier masochist part of me wants to go with her just for the chance to be near Kaden. Once again I'm all too aware of how pathetic I am.

"I can tell Jonah not to invite Kaden." Lexie says.

"What? No. Don't do that. I can be around him." I hope I can.

"So you'll come out to eat with us tomorrow, and then to the party?"

"Yea, I will." I give her a small smile.

"Good, you need to get out and have fun."

I smile and nod. I don't want to waste another weekend crying over Kaden. And since the only friends I have also happen to be friends with him I'll have to get used to seeing him.

Friday comes and my classes pass. I make it through creative writing without one glance at Kaden, just as class ends he speaks "Are you going with Lexie and Jonah tonight?" His voice sounds smaller than normal.

"Yea, I am." I say quietly "If it's going to bother you if I'm there I won't come." I add. I wish I didn't care what bothered him.

"No. You should go." He says.

"Are you going to be there?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"You won't. I don't want you to not go on account of me." I finally bring my eyes up to meet his. His clear blue eyes are heavy with emotion but I'm not sure which emotion.

"Ok. I guess I'll see you tonight." he says and I give him a small smile before I head out the door.

***

"You look amazing." Lexie squeals.

I'm wearing the pink halter top she bought me and my light blue jeans and boots. I've let her flat iron my hair which took longer than I expected it to. My make-up is pretty heavy, but it looks good. And I pull on my leather jacket which makes the entire outfit come together even more.

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing to go somewhere Kaden is going to be. Jonah knocks on the door and Lexie strides over in her clear heels. She's wearing a black jumpsuit with a jean jacket over it and she pulls it off perfectly and from the look on Jonahs face when he sees her I would say he agrees with me.