Chapter Twenty

Savannah

I wake up early Sunday morning and slip out of bed, leaving Kaden sleeping peacefully. I love the way he looks when he sleeps. It's the only time that he doesn't look like he's carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I want to suprise him. Last night when I got off work I went by the store and got the ingredients to bake him a birthday cake and a big breakfast. I hope he likes the gift I got him. He wasn't thrilled when I told him I would drive myself to his house. When I asked him what he had planned for today, he just said, "Spending time with you. I don't want to do anything else." Which made my stomach flutter but also made me feel a pang of sadness that he had turned his sister down for spending time together.

I've got pancakes and bacon made and the chocolate cake cooling by the time Kaden comes down the stairs. He's got on gray cotton pajama pants shoved into cowboy boots. I still laugh at the fact that he won't even walk into the kitchen barefoot. His blonde hair is messy, and his toned torso draws my attention to where his boxers barley peak above the waistband of his pants.

"Visually violating me again?" He smirks.

"Maybe," I say and gesture for him to sit down. I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen table yesterday, and I flush when Kaden glances from me to the table and licks his lips. I stride over and plant a gentle kiss on his lips. "Happy Birthday." Kaden pulls me onto lap so that I'm straddling him. I'm still in just underwear and his t-shirt.

"So what do I get for my birthday?" He asks as he tries raising the shirt I'm wearing up, but I quickly swat his hand away.

"I thought you didn't want anything for your birthday."

"I'd be down for a blow job." he shrugs.

"You're such a pervert!" I get up to go make the birthday boy a plate.

"You bring it out in me." he grins.

"Yea yea. I have a feeling you were a perv long before I came into the picture."

"That's true." he says and then laughs when my eyes narrow at him.

I hand him a plate heaping with bacon and pancakes and pour him a glass of milk.

"After you eat, I'll give you your present." I beam. I'm one of those people who get more excited about giving presents than receiving them.

"Nothing like a blow job after breakfast." he grins.

"It's not a blow job." I sigh, and Kaden dramatically pouts his lip."Maybe later." I add with a blush.

Kaden finishes his breakfast and follows me into the living room. I gesture for him to sit down on the dark brown sofa. "It's not much, but I hope you like it." I say as I hand him a wrapped box.

Kaden gently tears into the silver metallic wrapping paper and pulls off the lid to the black box. My heart starts to race when Kaden pulls the necklace made from an arrowhead and braided twine out of the box. He'll probably think it's stupid. "I found the arrowhead when I was a little girl, and it's always been really special to me, and now you're really special to me, so I wanted you to have it. You don't have to wear it. It's ok if you don't like it." I spew my words out nervously and chew on my bottom lip.

A grin spreads across Kadens face. "I love it." Kaden pulls out the framed sketch of a crow I drew for him. "You're really amazing at this, you know." he says, looking over the picture.

"At giving gifts?" I ask sheepishly.

"Well, that too, but I meant the sketches you draw are amazing." I've caught Kaden peeking at my sketch pad a few times.