1:

"Alaysieh! Please go!" Mum shouted hurriedly.

Being the stubborn 11-year-old girl I was, I shouted back," What? What's happening?"

"Please Alaysieh! Just go to the basement and wait for us there!" Dad said. He shoved a silver sword in my arms and pushed me in the direction of the staircase. Before I could say anything, someone started banging on the door violently and it was going to break down any second.

"Please! Just go! We love you, Alaysieh! Remember that!" Mum shouted just as I was about to run to the basement.

"I love you guys too..." I mumbled. I looked back at Dad, and I saw him mouthing something. But what is it? I have no idea. I didn't have time before the door flew open and crashed behind me. I shrieked and ran down to the basement, hoping whatever that came didn't see me.

--Present--

I straightened my beige oversized sweater as I walked towards school. I wore black skinny jeans and tied a red checkered shirt around my waist. My ankle boots had a small silver knife in each. Under my sweater, I had two guns filled with silver bullets. I still have more knifes and guns hidden in my clothes. You always have to be prepared, right?

My parents had been the strongest hunters before they died. Fifteen minutes after I went into the basement two years ago, still, no one came to find me. I was curious, yet scared. What was taking my parents so long? I went up the stairs, only petrified to see my parents' body torn into pieces. Right there I knew it was the cause of vampires. I was driven by so much rage and sadness, and at the age of 12, I found the vampires that killed my parents and slaughtered them within seconds. I have a deep scar across the right side of my stomach, all because of those bloodthirsty suckers.

I had been moving from places to places. I've never had a real home ever since my parents died. I didn't went to find my other relatives, they thought that I had died along with them. I made them think it was like that. I took my name off the list of child hunters and trained myself the best I could. After my parents died, I went by the name 'Masked Assassin'. Why am I called that, you might wonder? You will know soon. And how do I get money to live? Well, for every 'evil' or bad supernatural I kill, I get a hundred dollars at least. The higher the rank of the supernatural I kill, the more the money I get from the Hunters Community.

Now, I had just moved to Brooklyn from Australia and was about to enter school. The front of the school had your normal cliché groups: jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, etcetera. I tidied my long light blonde hair and stuffed my hands into my pockets.

"Hey, Blondie! MOVE ASIDE!" A voice called out from behind me. Before I could react, someone pushed me and I nearly fell flat on my face. Nearly. But thanks to my great reflexes, I didn't and managed to stand up again.

I turned to face an angry looking guy. I could feel that he was a werewolf. He had a smirk plastered on his face and his group of werewolf friends were laughing. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth.

"Hear me, Blondie? MOVE!" He shouted again. I tried to control my anger as I moved away quietly.

When I get too angry or is in 'hunter mode', a blue-ish green fire would appear on my light blue left eye, as though my eye is on fire. Every hunter will have a fire on a part of them when their in the mode and the colour of the fire would show how strong they are. The strongest is having blue fire on both of their eyes and the weakest is yellow fire on their chest, over their heart. No one has reached to the level where blue fire is on both of their eyes. Not even my parents. I'm determined to reach that level before I die.

I adjusted my fake geeky black spectacle as I walked passed the group of boys. I hung my studded back pack on my right shoulder. I walked straight into school, ignoring all the weird glances in my direction.

I opened the office door gently. It wasn't hard to find. Once you step into school, it was right in front of you. Easy.

"Hello," A woman in her early fifties smiled warmly. On her attire was the name tag that read 'Mdm Elizabeth'.

I smiled back and said," Hi Mdm Elizabeth. I'm here to collect my timetable. I'm new here."

"Ah yes. Alaysieh Waters, is it?"

I nodded and she went to get my timetable.

What? You can't blame me to have the same surname as the 'famous' Augustus Waters! I had to fake one, okay? Hunters don't have a last name.

"Here you go," She said as she passed me the timetable and my locker number.

"Thanks," I smiled appreciatively as I walked out of the office.

---

"Class, we have a new student. Please welcome Alaysieh Waters," The teacher said as I walked up to the front of the class.

"Hi everyone, I am Alaysieh," I said, gulping. I am not good with introductions.

"Anything else?" The teacher looked at me impatiently.

B*tch.

"Nope," I smiled a little.

Without waiting for her reply, I walked back to my seat independently. I pulled in my chair and took out a notebook. I could feel some of the students' intense gaze on me. What the hell is wrong with them?

At school, I hate to draw attention. It makes blowing my hunter secret a bigger risk and many supernaturals would come and kill me.

I tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear as I spin my pencil with my right hand. I rested my chin on my left hand. I could see the teacher saying something but no words could enter my brain.

I started daydreaming about how life would be if my parents were still alive...