Chapter 21- The Two Trees

Sorry for the super duper long wait!

I was busy with school works and various activitis in our school

Anyways, here is Chapter 21!

ENJOY!!

                            ------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21- The Two Trees

Jayden’s POV:

I looked at my phone stunningly.

“What the hell is that tree that Alpha George was talking about?” I heard Ricky asked.

I was about to answer when…

“That tree is called ‘The Tree of Death’ by our very ancestors. Magical beings also call that tree, ‘The Cursed Tree’ because one bite of its fruit and you’ll be dead,” Rosie answered, still staring off in space.

I looked at Ricky and he was looking at me with a How-did-she-know-all-of-these look.

I just shrugged.

“The tree is really that cursed huh?” Jazz said.

“Yeah. The elders of the Werewolf Council even said that one werewolf mistook it for an apple and took a bite. That werewolf died a few minutes after he had eaten the fruit of the Tree of Death,” Jordan said.

I looked at him accusingly and said, “How the hell do you know these things?”

He looked away and said, “Well, my father told me about these things when I was young.”

“He told you these things?”

“He told me these things as bedtime stories. I didn’t even know they were real.”

I was about to say something when Risa interrupted me.

“Stop! Jayden, stop being jealous just because Jordan knew something you don’t. Jordan, cupcakes, don’t you just go telling people informations that are dangerous like this,” she said sweetly but menacingly.

“Yes, Risa,” we both said.

Yikes! Risa is definitely scarier than my mom.

“Anyways, we have to go to the pack house,” I said to them.

Few minutes later and we arrived at the pack house. And the house was unusually quiet.

“Where is everyone? This is so weird,” Jordan said wonderingly.

He’s right. This is so weird. Usually, if we come here, someone will come greet us as soon as we park our cars.

“Blood,” Rosie murmured to herself.

“What? What did you say, babe?” I asked her cautiously.

I looked at her and saw that she was scrunching her nose. I sniffed and smelled nothing. Only the earthy smell of the forest and the sweet smell of the flowers.

“I smell blood here. Tons of blood,” she said, as if everything she said made sense.

Then, I heard Jazz cough as if drowning.

Kevin who was beside Jazz, patted his brother’s back. “You okay bro?”

Jazz shook his head then said, “Rosie’s right. It smells of blood in here. There’s something wrong in here and I don’t know why.”