Chapter 29- Letting Go

“Experience is the teacher of all things.” ~Julius Caesar

Okay. So, I was like out of “coverage” these past few weeks and was not able to update the next part.

Anyways, I have to warn you in advance, this chapter is VERYYY short because I have to think of new things that’ll make the next part, worth reading. J

Enjoy! :D

                                             --------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29- Letting Go

Rosie’s POV:

I looked at the sunset in front of me and remembered some lines from the book, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. “Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?” 

“A piece of me will be missing,” I whispered, answering the question at the end of that line.

I looked at the scenery beneath me. Lights glitter like fireflies, noises from cars seemed too distant, and the sounds of the animals in the forest behind me, is like music to my ears. A normal teenager would freak out if they’re in my place now, on the edge of a cliff. One would think that a person on the edge of a cliff is suicidal. Funny how those things almost crossed my mind when I learned that Jazz died. But I realized that if I die, Jazz will not be happy. Jayden will flip; and my family will be suicidal if another family member is dead.

I guess I should just concentrate in finding those bastards who killed my brother.

I sighed when I remembered the times when we almost caught the ones who killed Jazz. We would always know their locations. But, when we got there, they were already gone an hour ago or fifteen minutes before we got there.

I gritted my teeth. I can feel my wolf and my witch wanting to get out. I recited a spell that will calm my nerves.

I had read this spell from a spell book, mom had given me. She said that it was from her mother.

~Flashback~

I looked at mom as he pulled a very thick book from a duffel bag he carried.

I wiped my tears then accepted the book he handed me.

“What’s this?” I asked her then opened it.

“It’s a spell book that my mom had given me. She got it from my grandmother. And now, I’m giving it to you,” she said softly.

I gasped in delight as I flipped through the pages.

“It’s a spell book for all kinds of things!” I exclaimed.

I looked at each page carefully.

There were many kinds of spell. A cursing spell. A healing spell. A jinxing spell. A spell that paralyzes your opponents. A spell that will make an object into a toad. There were just too many spells that I can’t name.

I continued to flip through each page until I landed on the page of a calming spell.

“Oh. That one’s my favorite. I used to recite that when your dad and I had a quarrel over such petty things when we were still younger. I was a hot blooded woman back then because I really despise your dad when we first met. He was such a playboy and flirt back then,” my mom said from beside me then giggled like a teenager.