Chapter 24- The Bone-Breaking Part

So, it’s also my sister’s birthday on the day Rosie and Risa will turn 18. So, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY BELOVED SISTER and the STAR TWIN. :D

Anyways, here’s Chapter 24.

ENJOY!! ;D

                                   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24- The Bone-Breaking Part

Risa’s POV:

Okay. So, it’s December. And on the 28th day, me and Rosie are gonna be 18. Meaning…we’ll turn into wolves, or what the male weres call the “Day of Adulthood”. Well, for the male weres, they change earlier. They change on their 15th birthday. On the so-called “Day of Adulthood”, the celebrant is expected to find her mate if she still hasn’t have one. But that rarely happens since the male changes earlier than females. So, the chance of that happening is 1 out of 100.

“Hey, cupcake,” Jordan whispered beside me. “What’s wrong?”

We were in the living room at the pack house. They were planning mine and Rosie’s so-called “debut”.

“Nothing. I was just thinking about mine and Rosie’s change. You know…the bone-breaking part?” I said then sighed.

He flinched then said, “Ugh, that part of the first shift hurts like hell. But, after a while, the pain will subside. And then, you’ll get used to it already.”

“Does it really hurt?” I asked.

“Yeah. But don’t worry. I’m here and I won’t let you change alone on your first shift,” he said then kissed the top of my head.

“Thanks, babycakes,” I said then planted a kiss on his cheek.

He seems surprised but then smiled slyly.

“Only on the cheek? How about on the lips?” he said then winked at me.

“In your dreams, man!” I said then slapped his shoulders playfully.

He laughed, and then I joined him laughing. We almost looked insane while laughing our asses off. We only stopped when the others joined us.

“Oh, what do we have here?” Anushka said in her sexy Russian accent.

Anushka White is the mate of Kevin, who, by the way, is a half-Russian, half-American girl. Her dad’s an American and her mom’s a Russian. Oh and by the way, she’s a werewolf. Her father’s the beta of the neighboring pack but they transferred here so that she gets to spend time with her cousins in her father’s side of the family.

“Apparently, they’re being lovey-dovey, A,” a sweet-voice girl said.

“Well, maybe they should stop being lovey-dovey since we still need to prepare for the twin’s debut, Ms. Viola,” Anushka said.

Ms. Viola Lerman is Ricky’s mate. She’s a human but she love the supernatural hence the quick acceptance of Ricky’s true identity or character—whatever they call it.

“You know, we’re not being lovey-dovey,” I reasoned out to them.

Kevin snorted then said, “If you’re not being lovey-dovey, then what do you call it? Do you call it ‘flirting’? Puh-lease.”

“Whatever, Kev! It doesn’t mean that you got a hot mate, you’ll start being disgusted. And we’re really not being ‘lovey-dovey’. We’re just talking, you know. About the bone-breaking part in our first shift,” I said.