survivor

Betty's POV:
The afternoon went on and I caught Jughead up on everything he had missed. I told him about Mason and Danny temporarily living with us. Everything with my parents and Fin. Me and Malachi becoming closer. About Polly and the twins. The only thing I hadn't told him was the fact that we were the new King and Queen of the serpents.

I was about to tell him about us being King and Queen when my phone started to ring. I checked the ID and saw it was Alex, I smirked at Jughead and answered the phone:

Betty: Hey Alex
Alex: Hey B, are you okay?
Betty: I'm okay, can you and the boys meet me at the hospital. Don't really wanna be by myself
Alex: of course, we'll leave now, is everything okay? How's Jug today?
Betty: he's okay, FP needed me here as the doctor was just telling us about his progress. I'll tell you all about it when you get here
Alex: okay, as long as your okay?
Betty: Alex, I'm fine, I promise. I'll see you soon
Alex: see you soon

I hung up the phone and Jughead was grinning at me, 'what?' I say while blushing, he laughs slightly and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. 'Nothing, I just love you' he said while kissing my forehead. I smiled and said 'I love you too jug'. A smile on both of our faces as I connected our lips. The kiss was slow and sweet, his hand slowly lowering from the position on my hip. He lowered his hand until it reached my ass and he gripped softly. I opened my mouth and moaned slightly as his tongue entered my mouth. I ran my hands through his hair and happily kissed him back. We pulled away for a breath and I rested my forehead on his, and he pecked my nose. I giggled and pecked his lips before kissing him passionately again.

I pulled away when I heard the door open, I heard the voices of 3 people. I smiled at Jughead and I heard Alex say 'hey B, we bought...' but before she could finish she had come in view of Jughead. A tear left her eye and she ran to the side of his bed 'Your an asshole Jughead' she said quietly while hugging him. 'I know, I'm sorry Alex' he said while hugging her back. I moved slightly so they could all say there hellos and talk quickly. I sat in the chair next to his bed and watched as he spoke to the others, after about 20 minutes he turned to where I was sitting and he patted the space next to him and as a joke Mason walked over and said 'aww, Jug you shouldn't have' and sat down next to Jughead on the bed. I laughed and I heard Jug say 'Mason, fuck off. You don't have blonde hair and blue eyes' he stood up and said 'wow, I just got rejected. I'll remember this....' Jughead rolled his eyes and held out his hand for me. I reached for his hand and stood up, I climbed into the bed next to him and buried my head in his chest taking in his scent.

He started to fiddle with the bracelet on my wrist and said 'guessing Alex gave you my gift' I smiled and said 'yeah, I love it jug. Thank you' I kissed his lips softly. 'What's this charm for?' He said pointing to the crown. I smiled and said 'well, I kinda have something to ask you...' he gave me a confused look. '...on my birthday, FP gave me a present. It was pretty big, and it's technically for the both of us, but only if we want it...' I rambled on and Jughead said 'betts, quit rambling' I laughed slightly and said '...he's handed the serpents to us Juggie, your dad. He said he's getting old and needs to pass it down so he's given it to us if we want it. What do you think Jug, you fancy being my King?' I smiled at him and he took my lips in a searing kiss. I kissed him back just as hard and I heard Danny say 'guys, come on. I know you just woke up Jug but save that for later when we're not here'. We pull away and laugh at Danny and I hear Jug say 'I would love to be your King Betty, but only if you'll be my Queen?' I smiled widely and said 'of course I will'. I pecked his lips one last time before turning to the people who were seated on the sofa in the corner of the room.

After a few hours Alex, Mason and Danny went home and me and jughead were left in the room. I was still lying next to him on the bed when his mum and sister walked into the room. They didn't know he was awake yet so when they walked in I jumped off the bed and greeted them by the door. I stopped them so they couldn't see him yet, I needed to let them know he was awake. I hugged jellybean and I said quietly 'he's awake' her face lit up and she ran behind the curtain into her brothers arms. I could hear the sobs that were leaving his mouth as he held his sister close to him, I turned to Gladys and she had a tear running down her face. 'When did he wake up?' I smiled while walking to the chair next to the bed and taking a seat. 'A few hours ago, FP wanted it to be a surprise' I said while smiling. I watched as jellybean and jughead talked and Gladys sat on the sofa with a smile on her face. She was relieved that her son was awake again and I could tell how much she really loved him.

An hour later jellybean and Gladys left as it was getting late, the doctors came and did there regular checks. Jughead was determined to try and walk tomorrow, he wanted to come home.

As I collected all my things to leave, I went into my bag and grabbed the grey-knitted beanie that was placed inside. I pulled it out and walked over to the side of his bed. I smiled widely before placing it on his head, 'I told you I would keep it safe for you' I said quietly. He smiled at me and pulled me down to kiss his lips. I happily brushed my lips over his before kissing him softly, I pull away but his hand reaches up and pulls me closer to him. I climb onto the side of the bed and deepen the kiss further by running my hands through his hair. 'Juggie...' I said against his lips with a giggle. He shook his head slightly and I felt his tongue run along my lip. I deny him access and I feel his hands start to roam my body, brushing over my legs, stomach and then firmly placing them on my ass. He squeezes gently making me moan into his mouth, I feel his tongue collide with mine in a heated kiss.

This lasted for a lot longer than I thought and when we both pulled away we were both breathless. I rested my forehead on his and I whispered 'I'll be back tomorrow' I saw the slight frown that came onto his face but he said quietly 'promise?' I caressed the side of his face and I said 'baby, what's wrong?' He didn't say anything, he just pecked my lips and said 'nothing, I'll see you tomorrow'. I climbed off the bed and grabbed my bag and turned to walk away. When I turned to face him I saw him turn to the window with a sad look on his face. I left his hospital room and headed back to the bar.

When I walked inside I saw FP sitting by the bar, he saw me walk in with a confused look on his face. 'Betty? Why are you here?' He said while hugging me, I hugged back and said 'because I live here?'. He smiled and said 'I know that, I just thought you would have stayed with Jug, especially after what happened earlier' I gave him a concerned and confused look 'what happened earlier?' I said. 'I thought he told you, when he woke up, just before I called you, he had a minor panic...' I cut FP off and said 'that's why he didn't want me to leave, I have to go. I'll message you later' I ran upstairs quickly and grabbed a change of clothes for the both of us before running out of bar and heading back to the hospital.

I walked up to his ward and when I opened the door to his room the light was turned off. I quietly went inside to see Jughead facing the window, I grabbed my change of clothes from the bag and started to get dressed. I pulled my jacket off and reached round to undo my bralette. I grabbed Jughead t-shirt and placed it over my head before removing my skirt leaving me in just my panties. I reached into the bag to grab my booty shorts and when I put them on i sat down on the chair next to his bed and i sat in the dark room. As I felt myself drift off to sleep Jughead rolled over in his sleep, his eyes opened slightly and he sat up slowly. 'Betty? Why are you here, you said you weren't coming until tomorrow?' I smiled weakly and said 'your dad told me about the panic Jug...' he frowned and looked down at the bed before lying down again. 'I don't wanna talk about it' he said quietly, I whispered back 'it's okay, but get some sleep baby' he turned to face me and moved over creating enough space for me to lie with him. He patted the bed and I shook my head, he needed to get some sleep. He smiled slyly and said 'come here' I shook my head again and said 'Jug, you need rest. I'm fine on the chair' he frowned and whispered 'but I'm not fine with you on the chair'. I smiled while standing up and lying down next to him. I instantly cuddled into his chest and I felt his arms wrap around me. 'Goodnight baby' he whispered while kissing the side of my head, my eyelids started to close and I said 'goodnight Juggie, I love you'. I felt the small circles he was rubbing into my back and I heard him whisper 'I love you more'. I smiled into his chest as I drifted off to sleep with him right next to me.

I could feel the movements of Jughead, he was fidgeting a lot. I sat up and I could feel the heat that was radiating off of him, I gently shook him awake and when his eyes opened he looked around in a panic before his eyes met mine. He instantly calmed and ran his hands over his face, before rubbing his eyes. I touched his cheek and he flinched at my touch, I quickly removed my hand and said quickly 'I'll be back in a minute...' I stood up and headed into the bathroom. I stood by the sink and splashed some water over my face before walking back out into the dark hospital room.

The only light that entered the room was from the street and the hallway outside, I could see the outline of Jughead as I walked back over to the bed. He turned his head to face me as I sat down on the chair, I saw the frown that came onto his face. I could see his pain and he quickly turned his head and I saw the tear run down his face. He wiped it away quickly and I stood up and sat on the end of his bed 'talk to me Jug. Please' I say quietly, he didn't say anything and just stared out the window. I laid down on the end of his bed, knees in my chest and I stared at him for a while. I then felt myself drift off to sleep, he was hurting and he wouldn't tell me what was wrong.