i love you

Betty's POV:
Jughead Jones loves me. He didn't want to see me in pain because he loves me. I was in complete shock. I pull away from the position we were in, I had finally stopped crying but when he said this I was so overwhelmed, new tears had left my eyes. I was facing him and he just stared at the ground avoiding my eyes. 'Juggie...' I say quietly. He shakes his head before saying 'I'm sorry, no it's okay, I'm not expecting you to say it back. I didnt mean to say it, it's just came out, I mean it's how I feel but it's obviously to soon. Can we just forget I said it? I don't wanna ruin anything, coz we're happy and...' but before I let him finish I have closed the gap that was between us, I pressed my lips to his. I still had tears rolling down my face but Jughead Jones has just said he loves me. I was so happy. I moved so I am straddling him, he was tensed at first but soon eased into the kiss when I happily and easily opened my mouth for him and begging for him to give me entry. This kiss was filled with so much love and want, it was soft and passionate. I removed his beanie and placed it next to him so it was easier for me to run my hands through his hair. He placed his hands on my ass and squeezed gently, he may already have access but he knew it was my sweet spot and he wanted to hear me moan. The kiss continued for a bit longer until I pulled away and rested my forehead on his. We were both breathless from the kiss but I managed to get 3 words out 'I love you'. He looked at me and I could see the tears in his eyes, he opened his mouth to say something but before he could I had pressed our lips together and once again we were distracted by each other.

It reach 4 o'clock and we had been at drive in for almost 2 hours. After we said how we felt, not much more got said, we were wrapped up in a very heated make out session. His lips were pressed to my neck and I wanted him, I wanted him so bad. I felt a heat grow inside me and it was getting hungrier and hungrier as our kiss went on. I could feel him as he found my pulse point. He sucked gently which made me moan quietly, I knew he was leaving small markings as I could feel them as they formed. He found my lips once more and then I pulled away. We both smiled and I said 'we should probably go home' he nodded his head slowly and connected our lips once more.

We arrived back at the bar, we both had smiles on our faces. Our hands were intertwined and we were laughing. We went and sat by the bar when FP came over to speak to us. 'Jug, we need to talk?' His smile faded and he gripped onto my hand tighter. He nodded and I watched as FP walked away and into his office. Jughead sighed and let go of my hand, but before he could walk away I grabbed his arm and pulled him to my lips, he was tense but sunk into the kiss. When he pulled away I whispered 'I love you' he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and pecked my lips one last time before saying 'I love you' and walking I over to the office.

It had been half an hour when Jughead came out of the office. He was angry, really angry. He walked straight past me and out the door. I heard his bike start up and I was just going to go after him when FP came out of the office. He had a cut lip, I knew from his look he was guilty. But what about? I walked over to FP and he said 'where is he? I need to apologise' I gave him a confused look 'he left, what happened?' He turned and said 'can you find him?' I nodded and headed upstairs to the apartment to grab his medication. If he's angry, he's going to need them.

I was driving round town for about an half an hour, trying everywhere he could have gone, before I saw his bike by sweet water river. I pulled up next to his bike and walked down to the water front. He was sitting on the edge, his eyes were red rimmed and tears were falling down his cheeks, his hands were red and bloody, he was broken and I wanted to do something, anything so I could take his pain away. 'Jug...' he flinched and stood up, he backed away from me. 'Betty please, go... I... I...' I started to walk towards him again but he kept backing away. I was holding back the tears as I reached into my pocket and pulled out the bottle of pills. I placed them on the floor in front of me and backed away. He saw me put them on the floor and he watched my every move, once I was far enough away he moved towards the bottle and picked them up. I saw another tear fall from his eyes as he opened the bottle and placed 2 into his mouth. He swallowed them and sat there with his eyes closed. I walked towards him slowly and sat down next to him, he was a foot away. 'Do you want to talk about it?' I say softly to him, he shook his head and looked as if he was going to move away from me. I moved closer before he had the chance and I held his hand in mine. He was tensed but I soon felt him calm and he intertwined our fingers.