sheriff

Betty's POV:
When we came down from the roof I called Kevin.

Betty: Hey Kev, I need a favour can you and your dad meet me at the bar in about an hour?
Kevin: I think so, is everything okay betts?
Betty: yeah, I'm done hiding. I'm going to tell your dad everything. I want my parents arrested
Kevin: I proud of you B, I'll see you in an hour
Betty: bye Kev

When I put the phone down I headed upstairs to grab my jacket and then me and Jughead sat down in the bar waiting for Kevin and his dad to arrive.

An hour later:
The doors to the bar opened and there was standing sheriff Keller with Kevin next to him. When Kevin spots me he points his dad in the right direction. Me and Jughead stand up and walk towards him, when we meet in the middle I go to speak when I hear FP. 'What's going on here? Tom, what are you doing here?' But before he could reply I turn to him and say 'he's here because I asked him to come, I'm ready to talk' a confused look comes across his face 'why now though betty?' I sigh and turn to Tom, 'it's because you know who I am, and I don't want my family getting into trouble. I'm coming forward and explaining my side of the story' I turn back to FP and say 'they have a duty of care, and I will never get justice if I just stay hidden. I'm done running FP, I'm tired of hiding' he nods his head with a smile on his face and says 'I am really proud of how far you've come betty, I will back you every step of the way' I smile and embrace him in a hug.

We left the bar and headed upstairs into the apartment, 'would you like a drink Mr Keller?' I say. 'I'm okay thank you, please can you explain why I'm here?' I sigh and gesture for him to sit down, we were seated on the sofa and I say 'my names Elizabeth Cooper' was all I could manage. A confused and shocked look came onto his face. 'Elizabeth, your parents are so worried...' before he could continue I cut him off and say 'no, I need you to listen to me. I don't care how much they said they missed me and how "distraught" they were when I was "kidnapped". They don't care about me they never did, I wanted to talk to you because, I will not let anything happen to my family. I wasn't kidnapped 7 years ago, I ran away... because... because...' I could manage to say it, I felt Jughead's hand on my back rubbing small circle trying to calm me down. 'Because of what Elizabeth?' I sigh and say 'it's betty' he nods his head and says 'sorry betty, because of what?' I sigh and turn to Jughead. He had a small smile on his face and he nodded his head, '...because if I didn't leave I would have died. You probably don't believe me as the Coopers are a respected family in Riverdale, I'm going to show you exactly how much they "loved" me' I stood up and removed my jacket. I was still in my dress meaning my scars were now on full display. I had cuts and cigarette burns on my shoulders and upper back, there were some scars on my chest. Sheriff Keller stood up and inspected them. I kept my eyes closed as I couldn't watch him looking at me, I was exposed to a stranger. 'Betty, you can open your eyes' he said. I opened my eyes and I think he could sense my fear and worry 'it's okay, what you've done is really brave. I know the marks and scars that are here are old, I need to know what you want to do now. Your 17, a minor. You can stay here for the time being but do you when any other family?' I nod my head and say quietly 'I have a sister, but I can't live with her. She has 2 children under the age of 2, I'll be too much of a problem. Please can I stay here. I don't feel safe any where else' I pleaded, I heard him sigh and he said 'I'll be in touch betty, I know how hard this was for you but I will do everything I can to get you the peace and safety you want and deserve' I smiled weakly and grabbed my jacket from the floor, I felt really on edge about just having shown someone my scars. 'Thank you Mr Keller' he smiled and I watched as Jughead lead him out.

Jughead returned 10 minutes later, I was lying on his bed. I had changed into his t-shirt and a pair of very revealing booty shorts. I heard the kettle boil in the kitchen and a few minutes later Jughead was walking through the door and he handed me a coffee and bagel. I smile at the gesture and say quietly 'thank you' I sat up and he sat next to me 'are you okay?' He asked after a while. I took a sip of the coffee and shrugged my shoulders 'I guess, I'm still scared though Jug. I don't think I will ever feel safe until I know they have been dealt with. But being with you right now makes me feel safer than I've ever felt before' I say while I rested my head on his shoulder, I felt his lips on my forehead and an instant smile appeared on my face. 'We should probably get some of this work done' I say quietly. He nodded his head and we both sat on his bed working through the work we had collected today.