control

Betty's POV:
When I woke up the next morning Jughead wasn't next to me. I sat up and my head was banging, the scratches and my ankle were killing me. I had slept better that night knowing Jughead was next to me, I rubbed my eyes and saw that Jughead had left me a note on his pillow.

I've gone on a run, go and wake Alex up for me and I can grab pops for lunch.
I love you
J xxx

I smile at the note before quickly getting up and getting dressed. I wasn't planning on leaving the apartment today so I didn't really care what I wore.
Betty's outfit:

I left Jughead's room and stepped into the empty apartment

I left Jughead's room and stepped into the empty apartment. I headed into the kitchen and poured myself and Alex a cup of coffee.

I headed towards my room and opened the door to see Alex still asleep. I placed the coffee on the bedside table before jumping on the bed next to her. She jumped awake and said 'shit, Betty' I started laughing while she buried her head back into the pillow. 'Morning Alex' I say with a smile on my face. 'Why are you so chirpy this morning?' She says muffled into the pillow, I laugh and say 'I haven't seen you in almost a month and a half and your now here' Alex moved her head to look at me and says 'I've missed you to B, I'm guessing I'm not allowed to sleep anymore?' I shook my head and she groaned while getting out of bed.

Alex got ready and we sat on the sofa in the lounge in our sweatpants. We were catching up massively from everything that has happened in the last month. FP was coming to check on us every now and then as he knew the past couple of days hadn't been good for me.

When me and Alex were talking, I hadn't told her that Jughead had bought me a promise ring, she saw it on my finger and her jaw dropped. 'Elizabeth Cooper, when the fuck did Jughead get you a promise ring?!' She yells, I giggle and I say 'about a month ago, he made me promise not to give up on us. Ever since then, we have been stronger than ever' a smile came on to Alex's face 'he really loves you betty, I haven't seen him this happy in years' She said quietly, I grin and say 'i love him too, I don't know what I would do without him, my life would be completely different' she nodded her head and said 'you've changed him, you turned him soft' I laugh and say 'he's done the same to me, I'm suppose to be feared but around him I melt' she laughs.

About 12:30pm the door to the apartment opened, Jughead walked through the door. Food in hand and his water bottle in the other. I watch as he places the food on the counter as I make my way across the lounge and hug him. He kisses the side of my head and he says 'hi' I smile and kiss him lips softly 'hi' I whisper back. 'How was your run?' I say while pulling away and grabbing 3 plates from the cupboard. He smiled and said 'good, needed to get away for a while. Haven't been on a run in a while' I see Alex's face, she had a worried look. Jughead sent her a stare and she faced away from us, he was keeping something from me.

The rest of lunch went okay, we were talking and catching up. Jughead then went to have a shower and I washed up the plates. I turned to Alex who was drying up the plates and I said 'your not keeping something from me, are you?' She gave me a confused look and said 'what do you mean?' I sigh and say 'when Jughead mentioned he needed to get away, that he hadn't been on a run in a while. You looked concerned, what's wrong?' I heard her sigh and say 'it's not my place to say betty, if you ask him I'm sure he'll tell you but don't push it. He's not proud of it, just keep an eye on him the next couple of days' I nod my head out of confusion. It couldn't be that bad, could it?