the break

Jughead's POV:
The last few days have been hectic, today is Sunday and my mum and Jellybean are going home. It's been very up and down with them being here. The first 2 days weren't good but yesterday was better. When I woke up, betty was still asleep, yesterday was a big day for her and I thought she could use a bit longer in bed. I got up and quickly got changed, I put my beanie on my head and walked into the lounge. It was 9am and my dad was already up, 'morning dad' I say while walking to the kitchen 'morning Jug, where's Betty?' I smile and say 'still asleep, she didn't have a good night' he nodded and turned his attention back to the TV that was in the corner of the room.

I started to cook breakfast for everyone, when I was back in New York, Sunday's use to be pancake days and I would make them. As I started making pancakes my dad walked in the kitchen and said 'you cook?' Shock in his voice, I laugh and say 'rude' he laughed while pouring me and himself a cup of coffee.

I cooked breakfast and went to my dads room, I knocked on the door lightly. When my mum answered the door she was shocked 'hi Jug?' She says confused, I smile and say 'breakfasts ready' She smiled back and nodded as I walked away. I then headed into Betty's room where my sister was, when I knocked on the door I heard a muffled voice say 'come in' I pushed the door open and smiled at my sister. I was instantly greeted with a smile and I say 'foods ready' she smiled and said 'thanks Jug'. Just as I was about to leave she says 'wait... Jug can we talk' I give her a confused look before closing the door behind me 'are you happy here?' She asked quietly. I sat on the edge of Betty's bed and said 'yeah, don't get me wrong. I loved New York but when I'm here... I don't know it just feels right' i smiled at her and she said 'has this got something to do with Betty?' A grin coming on to her face, I look at her and say quietly 'shut up' she laughs and said 'she makes you happy, I haven't seen you like this in a while. Not since...' she trailed off, I instantly said 'jelly, don't. I don't wanna talk about that, I was 15, this with Betty is different. I actually love betty' she turns to me and says 'trust me I know, I see the way you look at her. Don't screw it up, I like her' I smile and before I reply there was a knock at the door. 2 seconds later Betty appears at the door and says 'just need to grab some clothes' me and Jellybean smile. But my first thought was, I really hope she didn't hear what I said. I don't know how pissed she would be if she found out I had lied about Alex.

Flashback - 3/4 years ago:

Me and Alex has grown up next door to each other since I was 5. She was my best friend but recently I had been feeling things I didn't understand. I liked the way she smelt, I loved her smile and her laugh. We spent everyday together and I loved every minute of it. I knew I liked her.

After about a week I started making my feeling for her more obvious and she was catching on. I mean I know that we're young but I did really like her. We were in my garden eating dinner when she turned to me and said 'Jug, recently you've been acting strangely. Like you've been hugging me more and literally spending every minute of every day with me. Why?' I take another bite of my burger, I needed to think of something to say 'I just like spending time with you' she smiled weakly and said 'Jug, do you like me?' My eyes went wide and I didn't know how to answer so we sat there in silence for a while. Alex then spoke up and said 'Jug, do you like me?' I sighed and said 'if I did, what would happen?' She smiled and said 'well Jug, I like you too' I smiled widely before standing up and walking towards her. 'You mean that?' She smiled and nodded, 'I thought you were to good for me so I never said anything' I chuckled and pulled her towards me. She laughed while wrapping her hands around my neck. I lent in slightly and so did she and soon our lips touched very briefly before we broke away and hugged each other.

Alex was my first kiss and my first girlfriend.

When me and Jellybean left her room Betty was in the kitchen getting some coffee. I walked over to her and kissed her cheek a weak smile came on to her face and I said 'hey, everything okay?' She nodded her head before walking away over to the kitchen counter to sit down to eat.