welcome

Jughead's POV:
It had been 4 hours, we were 5 minutes away from the town called Riverdale. The journey was long but it was still quite early, it was 10:40 when the bus pulled over. I collected all my belongings and headed off of the bus.

As I look around at the small town I've just entered, I see a man so familiar to me but still a stranger, standing there with a nervous look upon his face. I start to walk over to him and he notices me. I'm standing a foot away from him and I say 'hi... dad' the look on his face eased and he walks closer and pulls me into a hug 'You don't understand how much I missed you Jug' I hesitantly hug him back. I can't deny I haven't missed him, but why didn't he try to see me sooner. I decided not to ask any questions now, we both pull out of the hug and he grabs my bag and chucks it into the pickup truck. 'As happy as I am, finally seeing you again Jug, why have you come back?' I'm silent for a moment before saying 'my whole life something's been missing, like theres a gap I need to fill. Whenever I asked mum about you she would shut me down and refuse to answer any questions. I need to know if your what's missing from my life. I've come back because I want a dad, I want my dad.' I see a weak but slight smile come across his face, 'well then, shall we go home?' I nod as we pull away from the bus station.

We were driving for 20 minutes before we pulled over outside a bar. I give my dad a confused look and he says 'I'll explain everything when we're inside, there's a lot your going to need to know' I nod and grab my belongings from the car. We head inside and the bar only had a few people inside, they were all distracted and didn't notice us as we passed. As we reached a stair case and walked up two flights of stairs we reached a door. He unlocked the door to reveal a lounge and kitchen area. Down the hall there were 4 other doors. 'Sit down' I hear my dad say. I drop my bag and sit down on the sofa. It was silent for a few moments before my dad said 'I'm guessing your wondering why I live above a bar. I've got a lot to explain and I need you to listen carefully.' I nod before he continues 'when your mother left 12 years ago, I was so upset. I was in a really bad place and I started drinking. Badly. I didn't have enough money to keep the house we lived in so I moved into the bar. This bar is for a gang called the Southside serpents. Me and your mother were apart of them, well we were more then apart of them. I run the gang, I am there king. About 5 years after you left I was out for a walk when I ran into a little girl, she was 10 years old she had run away from home due to complicated situations. After that night I couldn't let her go back to her parents or continue running so I took her in, she has been living with me for 7 years and she helped me change my act. I have been sober for those 7 years but she still lives with me, her name is Betty Cooper. And Jug, I know what your thinking, how could I look after this girl and I didn't even fight to see you. I'm not sure how much your mother told you but Jug there's not a day over the past 12 years where I haven't missed you. When I saw Betty, crying and cold that night I thought if it was my child I would want a nice person to take them in and give my child a better life' He stopped talking and I said quietly 'dad I don't care that you helped someone. I'm happy that your sober again. I guess it hurts that another person got to grow up with you and I went without. I didn't come here to fight with you I came here for a fresh start, I just want the chance to know my dad' I look at him and I can see the smile coming onto his face 'I'll show you to your room and I'll let you get settled. If you need anything I'll be down in the bar' I smile and follow my dad who is already carrying my luggage. We reach the door at the end of the hall and he opens the door. 'This is your room' I walk inside and dump my belongings on the bed 'thanks dad' I say while grabbing the duffel bag that he was holding in his hand. 'I'll see you in a bit' he says before walking off. It was almost 11:30 and I thought I would unpack before writing my letters to my mum and friends.
Jughead's room: