safety

Jughead's POV:
'Can I help you with something?' I say with anger lacing my voice. I hear the faint laugh come from Hal. 'Your the piece of trash that has made his way into my daughters pants?' he says while walking towards me. I didn't move and I said trying to control myself. 'Like I said, can I help you with something?' He smirked and I watched as Alice walked up behind him. 'We need you to do something for us, your going to break up with Elizabeth' she said. I laughed and said 'why would I do that?' She smirked and said 'if you want her to survive you will break her heart. And if you don't... well you'll just have to see' concern now racing through my body. 'We've been watching and we can see that with us getting closer to her she doesn't care. The only thing that will ever break her is you. She is not to know about this conversation or the reason you are breaking up with her, if she finds out you will pay the price' Hal said while cracking his knuckles. I could feel my heart starting to shatter, it wasn't only going to break her but me as well. 'Understand?' Alice said, I nodded my head and watched as the 3 of them drove off in the car leaving me in the middle on the landfill.

I walked back into Riverdale and headed towards the bar. When I walked in there was no sign of Betty, thank god. I saw Alex sitting with Sweet Pea and when she saw me she stood up and walked over to me. I gave her a weak smile and whispered to her 'we need to talk' she gave me a concerned look but followed me as I walked over to my dads office. I knocked on the door and heard him yell for us to come in. When he saw me he smiled until he saw Alex trail in behind me. Concern and worry taking over both of them.

'Jug, what's going on?' I hear my dad say. I sigh and say 'we have a problem. There's some things going on and to protect the people I love I need to make some decisions that your not going to like. This conversation is not to be repeated, EVER, again. My life and Betty's depend on it. Do you understand?' I saw them both nod there heads before I started to talk again. 'I'm breaking up with Betty...' I saw Alex stand up and walk towards me 'what the fuck...' was all she managed to get out before I put my finger to her mouth. 'Sit and listen' i said, she sat down with anger on her face. 'I have to break up with her to keep her safe. Alice and Hal. They wanted to talk today, I was taken at gunpoint to a place outside of Riverdale. They told me if I didn't break up with Betty, it's her life. I can't risk that, I love her too much and I know what her parents are capable of, we all do. I have thought of every possible way out of this but the only way she can move on from this is if I'm out of the picture. I know everyone here can keep her safe, I have to do it tonight and then I'm going to leave for a little while. We can't be together as long as her parents are alive. If she finds out about the arrangement, she not the one dead, it's me. She can never find out, dad I want them dead. They need to die and I need your help. I'm going to get an apartment in green dale so I won't be far but until we know they are either locked up or dead I can't come back to Riverdale. This is going to break her, Alex I need you to please keep in touch with her. After today the only people who will be able to contact me are the 2 of you. You are both close to betty and I need you to both keep me updated, that's the only way' I realised once I had stopped talking I had tears running down my face. Alex was crying as well and my dad showed no emotion and just stared blankly into space. 'I don't want to do this, I love her more than anything. But it's because I love her I have to do this. I don't know how long this is going to take but I need her to move on, I need her to find happiness with someone else. I need you both to get her to forget about me, she can't come looking for me. Can you help me or not?' I wiped the fallen tears from my face as I finished talking and I saw them both nod there heads. My dad finally said something 'I have an apartment in green dale you can borrow. I use it when I have business down there and don't worry betty doesn't know where it is. I will help you Jug because that girl saved me and I don't want to see either of you dead' I nodded my head and Alex stood up and hugged me tightly. 'I'll do whatever I can to help, but Jug, how are you going to put yourself through that? You have no reason to end things...' I sighed while pulling away fully and saying 'I actually already have an idea and I know she will believe it' they both nodded and I headed upstairs into the apartment.