grief

Betty's POV:
I went to the drive in, it was the only place I knew I could be alone and feel like Jughead was still with me.

I sat on the floor of the drive in, underneath our tree and let the tears run down my face. I hated crying in front of others and there were so many people at the apartment and I needed to be alone. Just for a little bit anyway.

About an hour later I heard the distant sound of motorcycles. They came to a stop and I could hear voices. I looked up and saw my sister, Alex and FP walking across the empty drive in land. When they reached me they all sat down, Alex next to me as I held my hand out for her to come and sit with me. We sat in silence for a while until I said 'I want them dead' they all looked at me and I turned to Polly and said 'I'm sorry Polly, I know he's your husband but if I see him I can't promise I won't do some damage. I want them to pay for everything they have ever put me through' she nodded her head and said 'Betty, he's not the man I fell in love with. Not anymore, that man was sweet, kind, caring. This man now, he's a monster. I don't care about him, so... do your worst' I had my head rested on Alex's shoulder when she said 'can you come home now?' I nodded my head and went to stand up. FP then stopped us and said 'Alex can you go with Polly and wait by the bikes, tell Sweet Pea to wait for a minute. I just want to talk to betty' they nodded and I watched as they walked off.

'Betty, can you look at me?' I heard FP say while standing in front of me. He put his fingers underneath my chin and said 'I know about the argument, Jug called me to tell me you were on your way home and said that something had happened. Betty he doesn't blame you for the way you reacted, he just wished you had spoken to him. When he hung up the phone he left to come back, he knew you wanted to be alone so he left you for a bit before he came back as well. He really does love you betty and he will get better. We can't lose hope, promise me you won't do anything stupid?' I nodded my head 'promise, please can we go back to the hospital?' I said while wrapping my arms round his waist. He nodded his head 'we can go, but only if you eat something. You haven't eaten all day' I heard him say. I nodded and we walked towards the bikes which were outside the entrance of the drive in.

We arrived back at the bar, Toni and Cheryl has gone on shift so when I got up to the apartment it was Mason, Danny, Alex and Sweet Pea in the apartment. Polly went to pick the twins up from the childminders and was dropping them off at Fins parents before she made her way to the hospital. FP made some food for us all and I showed the boys to my room. I needed to stay in Jughead's room, it was as close as I could get to him. They put there bags in the room and then came back out into the lounge. We ate our sandwiches and then we headed back to the hospital.

Gladys and Jellybean greeted us as we walked into the room. There had been no change, I sat in the chair next to his bed and rested my head on his hand and looked up at him. 'I'm sorry' I said quietly as a tear ran down my face. I then felt a hand on my back, it was Danny, soon joined by Mason and Alex. We all stood in his room in silence for a long time. The doctor came in after a while and said 'these are his belongings' I took the bag with a slight smile on my face and I held it to my chest. His scent was lingering in the bag and it made me smile. As I look through his bag, I find his beanie right at the bottom, I held it close and whispered to him 'I'll keep it safe, just until you want it back'. I sat back on the chair and listened to the quiet conversations that were happening around me. I felt my eyelids get heavier and heavier, I hadn't slept in over 24 hours and I was exhausted. I close my eyes and sleep takes over.

After a few hours I feel the vibrations in my pocket from my phone, when I pull it out I read a text from FP:

FP: Betty, I know it's bad timing but we need to know what to do with Alice and Hal.
Betty: keep them in the jail, I'm going to deal with them
FP: are you sure that's wise?
Betty: look at where your son is, what they did to me? Would it be wise to let you do it?
FP: I see your point, I'll be waiting
Betty: give me 30 minutes