no more goodbyes

Betty's POV:
When I woke up the next morning Jughead was still asleep next to me. I knew today was not going to be easy, we needed to talk about what's been going on. That's if he even decides to tell me.

It was 9:30am when he started to stir, he opened his eyes and saw me looking at him and a smile came onto his face and he pulled me closer to him. 'Good morning' he said in a whispered tone. I leaned up and kissed his lips softly 'good morning'. He rolled over taking me with him pulling me on top of him while he laid on his back. I giggled as he hugged me close 'Betty, we do need to talk' he said while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I sighed and said 'I know, but I just got you back. I don't know if I can say goodbye to you again.' A tear fell from my eye and I felt Jughead lift up his hand to wipe it away. 'You might not have to, at least not for long. If everything goes to plan I can come back to Riverdale really soon but if it fails I don't know when I'll be back' he says quietly. I sigh again and say 'why though Juggie?' Why did you do what you did?' I saw the frown that took over his face and he said 'I never wanted to hurt you but it was the only thing I could say so you would let me go. I needed to say something believable, so I could keep you safe. Everything I have done since I left you was to keep you alive' he was caressing the side of my face when I said 'but what are you protecting me from? What are you keeping from me?' He sighed 'your parents spoke to me, said if I didn't break your heart then they would take matters into there own hands. They threatened your life and I was not going to be the reason they get there hands on you again. I promised I would do whatever it took to keep you safe even if I had to break my own heart to do it. They said if I ever told you then it would be my life on the line as well so I told dad and Alex. I needed people I trusted and you trusted to keep you safe while I was here. Ever since then me and dad have been following and monitoring your parents, we have them right where we want them. Dad was going to speak to sheriff Keller today and hopefully if it goes well I can come back' when he stopped talking I grabbed the sides of his face and pulled him towards me into a heated and passionate kiss. I deepened the kiss fast and ran my tongue along his bottom lip and he opened straight away happily indulging me with a steamy kiss. I pulled away slowly to catch my breath and when I did Jug pecked my nose. I giggled while resting my head back on his chest. 'I really hope it works Juggie, I need you back. Im lost without you there' I say quietly into his chest 'I love you so much betty cooper' he says back while kissing the top of my head. I look up at him and kiss his lips softly 'I love you too Jughead Jones'

It was now almost midday and Jughead needed to call FP to talk to him. I wanted them to sort this out so Jug could come home. I needed him and after almost 8 years my parents are still finding ways to make me miserable.

I was sitting on his sofa in just my t-shirt and panties when he walks out of his room in nothing but his sweatpants. I had grabbed a book from the pile in the apartment and started to read. He walked towards the kitchen and started to make some food for the both of us, as it was plated and he called em over his phone started to ring. He picked up but I had no clue who it was

Jughead: hello?

Jughead's POV:
Last night was the best night I had slept since I left 3 weeks ago. I know I'm not suppose to be with Betty, I needed to keep her safe. I had missed her so much and after last night its going to make today's goodbye a lot harder. When I woke up she was already awake and we decided we needed to talk. She now knows about everything and why I did what I did. She's not mad I think she just missed me and was upset that I didn't tell her in the first place.

I had walked out to see her lying on the sofa in nothing but her panties and my t-shirt, a smile came onto my face when I walked into the kitchen. I cooked breakfast for the both of us and just as she had walked over and sat down my phone started to ring, it was my dad: