the confession

Betty's POV:
Yesterday was bad, Jughead was keeping something from me and he wasn't telling me what was wrong. Last night when i was on my shift, I knew Jughead's hand was messed and when he was tripped up, his only support was his messed up hand. I was watching him closely and I saw something change in him when he fell. He headed upstairs and said he would only be gone for 5 minutes, it had been 20 minutes and he still hasn't come down. I looked for FP and saw him sitting down on a table with some other serpents. I walked over and said 'he hasn't come back, he's still upstairs' FP instantly knew who I was talking about and he gives me a nod before excusing himself and heading upstairs.

When he came back 5 minutes later he told me Jug would be down soon, I could tell from his face he was keeping something from me. The bar had calmed down and no one new had come in, my shift was finishing in half and hour and Jughead still hadn't come down. When I knew I could get away for a minute I headed upstairs into the apartment. I knocked on the door and walked in quietly. Jughead yelled something but I didn't listen. I walked in to find him standing in the kitchen with his head dropped and tablets in front of him. I started talking to him and I knew something was wrong. He backed away from me when I started to walk towards him.

After a while we made our way to the sofa and we were talking, I wanted to know what was bothering him but he was still refusing to tell me. I had just got up to walk away when he said 'I'm leaving' I removed my hand from the door and turned around slowly to meet his eyes. I was shocked and confused by what he had said, I felt a tear leave my eye and I managed to get out 'what?' He sat on the sofa and he repeated himself. I could feel a sadness taking over my body, one I haven't felt since before I moved in with FP. I had got so use to him, I trusted him so much more than anyone and he was leaving. I walked towards him and embraced him in a hug, I buried my head in his chest and started to sob quietly. He soon wrapped his arms around me and was apologising. I needed him to stay, but I also knew he couldn't, his mum wasn't letting him.

We stood together, embraced in a hug for 10 minutes until he pulled away and said 'I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was mad and needed to control my emotions before I told you. That's why I punched the wall today, those pills over there are suppose to help. I have really bad anger problems and they are used to help calm me down. They weren't working, normally I hurt people who come close to me or I will lash out and not mean to. I will tell you everything but tomorrow. I don't want to loose it tonight, right now I want to go and watch our films and fall asleep. Can we do that?' I pull away slightly from his chest and smile 'of course we can and Juggie, take as long as you need' he smiled slightly before heading into his room and changing.

Less than 2 minutes later he was standing in the doorway of my room 'where do you wanna go?' He said quietly making me jump and turn around. I have a smile on my face 'right here' I say as I sit on my bed and move to lie down. He came and sat down next to me. He put on the film for me and we were both lying down, I had my head rested on his shoulder and his head was resting against mine.

As it got later we put on the second film, within the first 20 minutes I could hear Jughead's breathing, when I looked up I could see he was asleep. I smiled as I moved a small piece of hair from his face, he moved slightly but it pulled me closer to him. I left the film playing and heard FP enter the apartment, I heard him walk over to Jughead's room but when he noticed he wasn't there he walked to my door. He slightly knocked before coming in, when he met my eyes he gave me a weak smile. 'Is he okay?' He asked me quietly, I shrugged and whispered back 'we're gonna talk tomorrow, he's sad and angry. Do you know?' I looked towards Jughead and a frown came across my face 'yeah, he told me this morning. Betty he's known for over a week, he just didn't want to ruin things with either of us. He just wants to have a good last 2 weeks before he has to go back' a small smile formed and I said quietly 'I know, I just don't want him to leave' I look back towards FP who's leaning against the door with a smirk on his face 'what' I say quietly, he laughed and says 'he's turned you soft, it's a good look on you' I fail to hide my smile before saying 'shut up' I settle back down into Jughead chest and FP says quietly 'good night betty, keep an eye on him' I smile before closing my eyes. I cuddle further into Jughead's chest and I feel sleep take over.