Chapter 22

"What?" (Y/N) shakily muttered.

"Yes, may your family rest in peace." The police officer sympathetically said as he tried to hug he, only for (Y/N) to run inside the house to her parents room.

She ran up the creaky old stairs up to her parents bedroom, there laid her dead mother and father on the bed. The crimson reed blood staining the white sheets of their king-sized bed. Her father with his throat that had been slit, with his eyes budging out of his head. She then looked over to her mother as multiple stab wounds were adorn across her stomach. Her face looking as if it was screaming for help as her hand was still dripping blood droplets on the floor. A plopping sound was made as every time a drop would hit the small puddle under her pale fingers that were now ashy looking. (Y/N) dully looked at her parents, no overwhelming emotions of sadness, nothing. Should she feel bad after her parents mentally torturing every single second of the day? She was more confused then anything at the moment. The officers came in the room, their faces contorted into disgust.

"Holy Jesus Fuck Tim! Who in the world would do something like this?" The younger cop disgustedly asked.

"Someone with a grudge maybe? Who knows, there is so much fuck up people out there." The older one who appeared to be 'Tim' responded.

(Y/N) walked by the cops into her older sisters room, she was yet in a mangled condition. Even worse than her parents. A never-fading smile was carve into her face, as her neck was black and blue from the object Petra used to suffocate her with. She appeared to have more stab wounds than her mother, more so in the torso region. (Y/N) felt some joy, in her. Was it because she was always compared to her sister, probably. (Y/N) gave a little chuckle before returning to the two officers on duty. They escorted her outside once again, and called for back up to handle the three lifeless bodies in the house. She sat down on the front lawn as she cuddled into one of the blankets the police had given her to stay warm as they wouldn't let her back inside. The neighbors had been attracted by the sound of sirens and the flashing lights of the car. (Y/N) began to zone out wondering what was going to happen to her next, unaware of the two bodie that approach her.

"This is her, correct?"

"Yes. Are you okay (Y/N)?'

"I-I d-don't know what to do M-Mr. S-Smith...I-I have n-no one..."

"Shh it'll be alright, just breathe in and out. Officer, I've had made my mind. I shall take custody of her, as I will provide you with the paper work tomorrow. As you see I am her teacher, I would never hurt her."

"B-But Mr. Smith we need to take her to the station for questioning, we need to know who is at fault for this homicide."

"Take a good look at her officer, does it look like she'll sit down and describe everything with clear detail of the matter? Please Officer, give the poor girl a break. She just witnessed something that no high schooler should witness at her age, she should be spending time with her friends and laughing over the stupidest things." Erwin's ocean blue eyes shone in the moonlight of the full moon.

"Well if you insist so much, fine bring her to the station tomorrow afternoon for questioning. Get better soon Ms. (L/N)." The officer said before patting her shoulder and walking back into the crime scene which was once a house.

"Let's go (Y/N) everything will be okay." Erwin broke the silence by gently grabbing her as if she were to break any second.

The new warm source that presented itself to (Y/N) made her feel happy. She never gotten affection before, the closest was Marco's ever so helpful presence with her mother incident. She cuddled into Erwin's side, shocking the older male although he was happy as well since she was giving her into him. The more she trusted him, the better. Erwin took his thick black dress coat and placed it around (Y/N)'s existing blanket. Walking up to the expensive Mercedes, he opened the door for the fragile girl. Tucking her into his rich leather seats seeking for someone to sit on itself.

"Please stay warm, I wouldn't want you to get sick." Erwin smiled before closing the door and walking to the drivers seat.

The whole ride was silent, (Y/N)'s flickering back and forth over the moving objects outside of the car. She wondered why Erwin was by her house, did he leave near? It was weird but she decided to dismiss the fact that he was there when she needed help. When they finally arrived, (Y/N) was greeted with a mansion almost a manor type of house. A secured gate, unmarked concrete, the house standing tall in pride. Once inside the garage, Erwin got out and let (Y/N) outside to observe her surroundings. His house was no where near hers, at all.

"Well then, lets get you off to bed. You have a big day tomorrow, I'm sorry for what had to happened." Erwin said, although none of it was true. He was glad those bastards were out of her life.

"Thanks M-Mr. Smith..."

"Erwin, please address my as Erwin."

"I-Im sorry!" (Y/N) sobbed, flinging herself into Erwin's yearning arms.

"Don't be sorry, we will catch the culprits and bring them to justice. Just relax for the night and we will get everything sorted out soon enough." Erwin said once again wrapping his arms around (Y/N)'s teenager figure, (Y/N) nuzzling herself more into his larger figure.

"Now were off to bed."