Chapter 21

"Annie what are we supposed to do?" (Y/N) fearfully asked.

"I don't know..."

Annie walked over to the window, looking down. She was going to insist on jumping out of the window but then just realized that it couldn't work out due to how high her room was from the ground. If they were going to jump then they would've injured themselves, leaving a disadvantage for the both of them by crawling away from the people who did this. They just wouldn't be fast enough as it was also stupid. The best bet they had was to find something in the room to protect themselves with. Although Annie was great fighter, she couldn't think of the possibilities of her opponent.

"(Y/N) do you have a dim light we could use?"

"Why dim?"

"If it was bright, it would attract the possible intruders faster. If you think about it, light shines in the pure black darkness, it would be stupid to use a real flashlight." Annie stated.

(Y/N) nodded as she blindly made her way to her vanity drawer and pulling out a flashlight that had different light choices. Annie pulled out a bar that held her shoes on the rack, uses it as a Malay weapon. While (Y/N) grabbed a dictionary on the counter which her father gave her in order to be more 'smart like her sister'. Annie giving a disappointed, while she looked at the book in (Y/N)'s hand.

"What?"

"You really think a book is going to do the trick?"

"This is the only thing I have besides wrecking my room!"(Y/N) whisper-yelled back.

Outside there were footsteps, footsteps that were slowly walking between the rooms of her parents and hers. (Y/N) started to panic and tripped over her bed catching herself on time, although it still made a noticeable noise. The footsteps stopped for a moment before two voice spoke.

"She has to be in there."

"What happens if that's her parents?" The deeper voice told.

"I already dealt with the other girl in the other room. But your right...Oruo open the door too see if she is in there, I'll take care of this room." The lighter female voice said as the footsteps continued to the other side of the hallway where her parents resided in, sleeping.

Oruo? The teacher's assistant in Ms. Ral's class? Why did he break into her house, why with...no. She could recognize that voice from anywhere, it was Ms. Ral, her history teacher. What the hell were they doing inside her house, what where they going to do? Obviously kill them of course, it definitely sounded like they were going to do something bad. They cut out her lights as well they were looking for her. If they got in her room, that would be the end for her. Annie didn't know that it was their teachers assistant, all she knew was that he was an intruder, names didn't matter.

The footsteps also came closer to the door and thumping was being heard on the other side as if someone was trying to get in. Annie signaled (Y/N) to hide into the closet just in case if the intruder made it inside the room. (Y/N) at first turned down the idea, not before Annie glaring at her to do so. (Y/N) quickly paced to the closet and closed the doors, Annie in fighting position. The knocking and thumping became more louder as the person continued to try and open the door. (Y/N) took the phone out of her pajama pocket and dialed the 911. The ringing was obnoxiously slow as time was ticking.

"Emergency services, how may I help you?"

"Yes please someone has broke into my house and there trying to get into my room! Please hurry, I'm scared." (Y/N) spitted out as she was desperate for a officer.

"Yes maim, please stay on the line as I am sending official right now. I'm tracking your address as it will be about three minutes until the officials arrive."

"Thank you..." (Y/N) muttered.

Annie holding the rack bar, her face contorting into a face of anger ready to fight anyone who opposes her. The thumping had stopped, (Y/N0 thinking the person had given up. But Annie knew something was wrong. Another thump and the door busted open revealing a tall figure wearing black, at least that Is what it looked like. The figure jumped at Annie, Annie springing into action as she swung the bar at the mans head. Oruo luckily dodging the attack, attack Annie onto the ground holding her by the waist. Grunts and heavy breathing and heavy breathing were heard as they both seemed to be fighting. (Y/N) shriveling in the corner, not knowing what to do in the current situation. (Y/N0 peeked through one of the closest holes and watch as they rolled and tumbled through the darkness. Oruo raising his fist to beat Annie, but Annie use her legs to pull him over herself and her on top of him. She began to strike at his face, only leaving a few blows onto his face before Oruo had grabbed her hair and pulled her off of him. Annie falling onto the ground with a pain grunt as her head had head the ground just like what happened to (Y/N) on Thursday. Oruo got up and took out a long sharp object which glimmered in the moon light. It was a knife. He was going to kill her. Annie used her legs and struck him back onto the ground again, now his turn for a painful hiss. Annie grabbed her poll and hit him in the knee, him hissing a 'ow'.

Annie pulled herself up, wiping the blood that trickled on her lips. Oruo took the chance and used his good leg to kick her shin. She fell down with another, yell and Oruo got up and began to repeatedly bash her head into the ground of (Y/N)'s room. (Y/N) looked out the closet's holes and saw what had been happening too Annie. If she were too come out Annie would kill her if she survived, as Oruo's attention would be focused onto (Y/N) more than Annie. It was a risk to take, before she could strike into action, the sound of sirens rang through the air. The authorities arrived and Oruo seemed to get the memo, quickly fleeing the room. Annie groaning on the floor as blood poured out of her head. It wasn't a serious head wound, although it was a wound on the head which seemed to bleed more than the average wound. (Y/N) opened the closest door and rushed to Annie's side to see if she was still conscious, luckily she was.

"Annie! Annie are you alright? Don't move!" She exclaimed while examining Annie wound, being careful not to touch her head to much.

The sound of heavy-booted footsteps were coming out the staircase, probably the police. Although (Y/N) didn't care, she wanted to make sure Annie was alright. Annie appreciated (Y/N) trying to help, she was glad she was cared for. Indeed it was painful, but she protected (Y/N) until the police had arrived. One of the officers rushed into the room, using his flashlight trying to see where the girl had called them was. It immediately found them and call the ambulance for the bleeding blonde on the floor. He kneeled down to comfort (Y/N) until the paramedics would arrive.

The paramedics arrived and (Y/N) was escorted outside by the officers while the paramedics did there job. Annie ended up being taken to the hospital to check for further damage while (Y/N) with the officer's worrying for (Y/N). An older cop around sixty walked out of the house, with a solemn look on his face. He had a receding hairline as wrinkles were started to stand out onto his face. He walked over to (Y/N) and placed a hand onto her shoulder.

"I went to check all the other rooms, but your family didn't make it."