Is It Too Late?

Creaky stairs waited for them when the door opened. The only light source entering was the sunlight creeping through the windows in the school. Emily felt around the dark wall and flicked a switch. A light flickered before turning on fully. The agents climbed down the stairs cautiously. The school's basement had access to the air vents along with the school's boiler and other supply systems. The stairs were situated in the middle of the room. Prentiss turned right and Morgan turned left. 

"Morgan!" Prentiss yelled. Derek rushed over and skid to stop near her. Alyssa laid on the cold floor, her clothes almost covered in blood and a golden belt was wrapped tightly around her waist . "Her pulse is faint but there, we need to get her out of here now!"

"I'll carry her, call an ambulance quickly and get Rossi" Morgan ordered. Emily rushed up the stairs and called the ambulance and Derek carried Alyssa. After doing so, Prentiss notified the team and Rossi, who came rushing to them within the minute.

Luckily, the ambulance was quick. They stormed through the doors and lifted Alyssa onto the gurney. They hooked her to the monitors and an oxygen mask securely fastened around her nose and mouth,  the paramedics and wheeled her away with full speed. 

The ambulance drove away as fast as they could as their sirens wailed. One of the paramedics removed the belt from the girl's waist and he reached into one of the cabinets, collecting a tourniquet. Alyssa's heart rate began to flat line and panic spread. The paramedic started CPR but nothing changed.

----------

The roaring sun shines it's blinding light through the trees. I struggle to see through the people in front. It's like I'm invisible. Where am I? Everyone dresses in black suits and dresses. I attempt to shove my way through, ignoring my manners but they're unmovable boulders. I walk around them, getting glimpse of my surroundings. Am I in a graveyard? When making my way round, I see the team at the front. I see Derek being comforted by Emily. I run to them calling their names but they don't answer. Why are they so sad?

---------

A dark van arrived at the school and the three agents watch as Alison is carried into a black bag and carried away.

"How will her father cope?" Rossi asked worried. He'd already lost his wife and one child. Now he's lost another child. His last child.   

---------

"What are you doing?" Katie says, peering through my door and her dark hair falls from her shoulders. I turn towards her and smile. 

"Just playing" I reply to her, playing with the new set of army figures my mom and dad bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago. Katie approaches me and kneels down.

"Who's this?" she says, picking one of them up.

"Please put it down" I plead, I don't like others messing up my order of things.

"Why, is it special?" she says playfully, waving it in my face. I pull a face and she laughs at me. "Don't be so serious Scott, here" she returns my figure to me and I grab it from her hand. 

The doorbell rings and Katie turns. She rises and exits my room waving me goodbye. I continue to play but two loud shot pierces in the air. I cover my ears as I hear a muffled screams. I hear my sister scream and another loud shot fires. I'm too frightened to open my door. Footsteps climbing the stairs forces me to stand. I climb onto my bed and open my window. I jump and land on the grass. I bolt to the Turners' house and knock rapidly on their door. Mrs Turner opens the door with a concerned face. 

Today I learn how evil the world can be. 

-ex boyfriend 

_Katie survives longer

_Protects?-----