Chapter thirty-seven

Loud shouting met my ears when I tried to open my eyes. What was going on? When I do get my eyes open everything is blurry. Groaning, I tried to roll over. I must have fallen asleep in the car and Elliott brought me in. I'm pushed back onto my back. My eyebrows furrowed and I blinked a few times to clear the blur. Once I could see properly, I looked around me, my eyes widening in surprise. I'm at the hospital. I keep looking around and I don't see Elliott. "Elliott!" I yell.

"Ellie, calm down." Robbie appeared in my line of vision. He held my face between his hands and made sure I was looking at him. "You can't overreact like that."

I try moving. "Elliott!" I yell again not caring what Robbie says.

Robbie put pressure on my shoulders, making me lay back down. "Don't make me get the nurse, Ellie. Elliott is fine. He's in the room next door sleeping it off. He acted like you just did and the nurse gave him something to sleep it out."

I shake my head, wanting to see him. I need to see him. "Elliott!" I yell once again.

Robbie sighed as a nurse walked in. "I'm sorry, sweetie," she said, messing around with the tube connected to my arm. "You'll be fine when you wake up."

"El..." I instantly fall into a deep sleep.

When I finally wake up, it was dark and there was a shadow in my doorway. "El?" I mumbled.

"Its me." Elliott walks into the room slowly and I see that he has injuries, I probably do too. He gets into the bed and we instantly hold onto each other.

I felt a few tears roll down my cheek. "I'm sorry, El," I mumbled, tightening my hold on him the best I could. "If I never said we should leave, this wouldn't have happened."

"Shh," he kisses my forehead. "Its okay, we're both fine." he wipes away my tears. I shook my head and tried to move closer to him. He pulls me closer and rubs my back. "We're okay."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head slowly. "Don't leave me," I told him, feeling my eyes close.

"I'd never leave you El." he says. "Why would you think I would?" I shook my head and didn't say anything, feeling my mind start to shut off to sleep. I feel him kiss my forehead again before I fall asleep.

"Mr. Spencer, why aren't you in your bed?"

I groaned and opened my eyes to see a stern looking nurse glaring at Elliott. "I had to see my sister," he says pulling me closer to him.

"Me and your brothers told you she was fine, Mr. Spencer. You need to go back to your bed to rest."

He shakes his head. "I'm not leaving her!”

"Mr. Spencer-"

"No! I'm not leaving her!" He slumped down on the bed and shook his head. "I'm not leaving her," he said quietly. I pull him closer, scared that people will make him leave.

The nurse sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Tonight you need to go back to your bed, Mr. Spencer. Or we'll have to inform your parents."

"I don't care." He says. Shaking her head, she left the room. I looked up at Elliott and felt my bottom lip tremble. He pulls me closer and kisses the top of my head.

There was a quiet knock on the door, to which Elliott called for the person to come in. I moved closer to my brother and looked over at the door.

Its Justin. "Hey," I say softly.

His expression changed into one of relief but there was different emotions swimming in his eyes. "Hi," he said quietly, stepping into the room.

"Come here." I motion for him to come over. He stood next to the bed and I realised his eyes were watery. "Hey I'm fine," I take his hand in mine.