chapter fifty-eight

Three months later...

"Ready?" Justin called up the steps. "We have to be there in ten minutes... to be less than five minutes late."

I groan trying to pull on my jeans, they don't fit.

"Ellie?" Justin appeared in the doorway. "What's wrong, love?"

"Nothing fits!" On the floor are all of my bottoms that I own.

Justin followed my gaze before stepping over them and hugging me. "Love, we'll just get you new clothes."

I wrap my arms around him. "But that doesn't help me right now. I don't have anything to wear to the doctors."

"Well unless you go in my sweat pants, love, we need to go," he told me, frowning.

I nod and he gets me a pair of his sweatpants.

Once we finally were ready to leave, I felt a smile tug at my lips as Justin rushed around to gather last minutes thing. As he was speeding past me, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down for a kiss before walking out to the car.

He gets in the car and we drive to the hospital.

"Hi, I have a ultrasound today," I told the nurse at the desk.

"Down the hall to the left, you have to sign in there," she told me, giving me a fleeting smile before rushing over to help another nurse. Blinking in surprise, I followed behind Justin to the next room.

"Hello Mrs. Evans, Mr. Evans. How are you?" Our doctor asks.

"Nervous," I blurted, staring at our doctor.

"Excited," Justin corrected, covering my mouth and grinning.

"Don't worry Mrs. Evans." she smiles at me. "Please lie down on the bed and pull your shirt up.”

I did as she said and waited patiently while she applied the gel and got the machine ready. "Okay, let us see what you are having."

She starts moving the thing on my stomach around, until we start to hear a heartbeat, then it echoes.

My breath hitched before I turned my head to look at the screen. Justin squeezed my hand as he looked as well. "Well?" he asked, biting his lip.

"You're having twins. A boy and a girl."

"W-what?" I asked in surprise. "Twins?"

"Yes Mrs. Evans."

"Oh my god," I breathed, looking up at Justin.

"Twins? Holy shit." he mutters.

The doctor paused and looked at us. "Is this a problem, Mr. and Mrs. Evans?"

"No." I say. "Not at all."

"Twins are more common if they're in the family," the doctor told us. "Is twins common in your family?"

"Yes, I'm a twin and so is my mum." I tell her.

"There you go then, your reason for twins," she said, smiling at us. "Congratulations."

"Thank you," Justin told her before pulling me into a tight hug. "Twins, love. We're having a beautiful boy and girl.”

I beam and hug him back. "A little you." I giggle.

"A little you," he said, pulling back and grinning at me. "A little Ellie, my beautiful girls."

I smile and kiss his cheek. "Okay, now we have to go to the mall, I can't wear your clothes forever."