chapter thirty-four

When I woke up, I was taking up most of the bed and Elliott was partly hanging off. I rub my eyes and carefully pull him more onto the bed and then get comfortable again. I faced the window and sighed, wishing Justin was here. I knew I was too attached to him and needed to have a bit of space from him otherwise it would be harder to go home. I can't help wanting to be with him all the time. I covered my face with the arm of the bear and sighed. When Justin comes over he is taking this bear home with him. Elliott squeezed my shoulder and kissed my cheek before getting up.

"I don't wanna get up."

"You don't have to," he told me softly, smiling. "I'm going to get something to eat after using the bathroom. Go back to sleep." I nod but catch his hand and tug on it. "What is it?" he asked, uncurling my fingers from his hand.

"We haven't spent any time together, just us."

He frowned and sat down on the bed. "Sure we have..."

"El, we haven't."

A sigh left his lips as he sat down. "We should go out today," he said, nodding his head. "Go to the shopping center or something."

I nod and move closer to him. "When we get home we have to spend more time together too."

"Of course, Ellie," he told me, kissing my forehead. "Now, get ready. Meet me downstairs in twenty and we'll go out."

"Alright," I kiss his cheek and get up. I get some clothes out and go shower before getting dressed and skipping down the stairs. I go into the kitchen. My parents and Robbie were all talking while eating breakfast. "Hey guys."

They all turned to look at me and smiled. "Hey," they all said before going back to eating. I got a bowl down and filled it with cereal before stealing the milk from Wes to pour it in the bowl. Elliott comes into the kitchen and steals a bite of my cereal.

"Hey!" I looked up at him and frowned. He chuckles and kisses my forehead. "Jerk," I mumbled, eating the rest of my cereal half turned away from him.

"You love me." he grins and gets a bowl of his own cereal and sits across from me. We finished our breakfast quickly before I slip some shoes on and we head to the front door. We link our arms and start walking. Our conversations strayed towards the girl I knew he had a little crush on.

"So? Tell me about her!"

He looked down as we walked and shrugged. "She's nice."

"No," I shook my head. "Tell me more." He groans. I nudged him slightly and grinned. "Tell me!"

"She's…wow."

I felt my grin widen. "Aw, my baby brother loves her," I sang.

"No I don't."

I rolled my eyes. "Just teasing you, El." He bumps me gently and jokingly. I grinned up at him and pushed open the door to the shopping center. "Okay, where first?"

"You pick."

I looked at the board and picked a shop. "It's weird that you actually want to come shopping with me,"  I told him as we walked along.

"Why not? I mean you are my sister."

"And you're a guy," I told him, rolling my eyes. "Normally you don't like shopping with me, or any girl." He shrugs and keeps our arms linked. We walked into the shop and looked around, joking about different outfits we didn't like and picking out things we did like. We find a few things and decide to try them on. I skipped into the changing room and tried on the dress. I twisted different ways to see how it looked in the mirror. I walk out of the dressing room to show El.