chapter seventeen

When we arrived back at mine, I looked up at the dark sky and sighed. Cam comes around to my side and opens the door for me. I smiled up at him as he pulled me inside my house. I sighed as I felt the warmth hit us.

"Still cold?" he asks.

"A little bit," I admitted, looking up at him.

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll make some hot chocolate?"

I grinned and hugged him. "Thank you."

He kisses the top of my head and hugs me back. "If course Ellie." I quickly jogged upstairs and showered.

Once I was done, I put on my pajama shorts and a large t-shirt before going downstairs.

"Hey." he smiles.

"Hey, Cam," I murmured, looking up at him and smiling.

He hands me a mug. "Its really hot."

I blew the steam away and sipped it before placing it on the counter. "Thank you," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

He smiles. "No problem." I feel his arms slip around my waist. I smiled and buried my face in his chest. He holds me close. He picked me up and placed me on the counter, looking outside. "Looks like a storm is coming," he commented.

I pout. "I hate storms."

Cam looked down at me and frowned, kissing my forehead. "You're fine," he said softly, running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm afraid of thunder storms.."

He nodded his head and gave me a small smile. "I'm here, okay?"

"I know." I took a deep breath and smiled back at him. I hug him and when I start to gear thunder I jump into his arms.

He wrapped my legs around his waist and walked us into the living room. "Shh, it's okay," he murmured, sitting us down.

I hold onto him tightly and bury my head in his chest. Normally Elliott is here for this. "I need my brother."

He sighed. "If he's out, he's probably gone under shelter so he doesn't get stuck in this weather," he told me but got his phone out and dialed my brothers number. "Hey, El. Where are you?" he paused and let Elliott talk. "Yeah, I'm with her now... Okay, we'll see you then." He hung up and looked down at me. "Him and Wes are at a friend's house so they didn't get caught in the storm." I nod squeeze my eyes shut. He kissed the side of my head and sighed. "I wish there was something I could do to help you, Ellie," he murmured against my skin, frowning.

"Just hold me." I whisper. He nodded his head and pulled me tighter against him. I keep as close to him as I can. As thunder crackled overhead, I felt him tighten his grip on me and kiss my shoulder softly each time. I start shaking.

Cam squeezed me softly and kissed my neck. "Don't worry," he murmured. I nod and hold onto him, I hate this. "Why don't we go upstairs and you can try to get some sleep?" he asked quietly, picking me up.

"Okay." I nod and hold onto him, not wanting him to let go.

Once we were in my room, he laid me down on the bed and pulled his shoes and coat off before climbing in next to me. I instantly cuddle up to him. He kissed the top of my head and closed his eyes. I move even closer. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through Cam's hair slowly, smiling. Thunder starts up again and I jump.

"Shh," Cam murmured, running his fingers across my back slowly. I start shaking again, I can't help it. "Ellie, look at me." I met Cam's gaze and he gave me a soft smile, rubbing his thumb across my cheek. "You're okay, it can't harm you." I bury my head in his chest and try not to cry. He kissed the top of my head softly a few times before I finally looked up at him. "Please don't cry," he murmured, rubbing his thumb under my eye to catch a stray tear.