Chapter forty-nine

She blinked in surprise at me. "Uh, sorry, it automatically connected," she told me.

I can't do anything but stare.

"Justin!" she called, frowning at me.

Before she could say anything else, I shut my laptop and looked away. I just sit there, I'm unable to do anything else. Who was she? What was she doing in his room, dressed like that? Oh God... He isn't cheating on me, is he? But.. we spoke only hours ago and he said he loved me.. I buried my face in my hands and breathed out slowly. He wouldn't cheat, would he?

Oh God... I can't even think about that.

"Hey, Ella, are you okay?" I turned to see Chris leaning against his windowsill, his gaze on me.

"I... I don't know."

His eyebrows furrowed as he swung his legs over the ledge so he could sit down. "What's wrong?" he asked, gesturing for me to move closer.

"I just saw a girl..."

He blinked slowly at me. "I'm looking at a girl right now. What's your point?"

"On my boyfriend's computer wearing Victoria's Secret pajamas."

"Oh.. *Oh*," he murmured. "Oh, Ella. How do you know she's... for him?"

"It was his room in the background."

There was a moment of hesitation before he climbed through my window and pulled me into a hug. "I know you hate me, but I don't like to see you sad so I'm going to hug you."

"I don't hate you." I rest my head on his shoulder as he hugs me.

He kissed the side of my head and sighed. "Do you want to talk to your brother about this?"

"No." I shook my head quickly. "I need to sort this out in my head first."

He nods and lets go of me. "I'll be back." he leaves my room and Toffee comes in, jumping on my lap.

I kissed the top of her head and sighed. "What am I going to do, Toffee?" I murmured against her fur. She nudges my hand, my left hand. I sighed and scratched the top of her head before laying down, curling into a ball with her in the middle. "What happens if he is cheating on me, Toffee?" I whispered, feeling tears gather at the corner of my eyes. She licks my face. I hear my phone vibrate and I grab it. Its Justin. I stared it, not knowing what to do.

Chris walked back in and frowned when he saw me staring at the small object. "Want me to answer it?" I shake my head and ignore it. Chris sat down and rubbed my shoulder. My laptop beeps and I know its Justin.

Chris got up and accepted the call. I stared at him in shock and surprise. "Hello," Chris greeted, and from here I could see Justin's confused look.

"Uh, hi." Justin says. "Where's Ellie?" he asked, staring at Chris with furrowed eyebrows.

"On her bed, crying." I stared at Chris, wondering what he was doing, but I didn't want to interrupt.

"What is going on?" Justin asks, clearly worried.

Chris looked over at me and raised his eyebrow, to which I nodded and looked down. "She saw your girlfriend, apparently," he told the boy on the screen.

"What?" Justin asks confused. "Ellie is my girlfriend, my fiancée."

"So who was the girl in the underwear?" Chris asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"My best friend's girlfriend."

"So you two are both cheating on your partners?" Chris pressed, and I knew he was going to ask questions until Justin cracked about something.