chapter fifty-six

"Mia!" I shouted when I bumped into another box she had left lying around.

"Sorry Ellie!" she yells.

"Why can't you stack them up like a normal person?" I grumbled, shoving the box over and walking into the kitchen. "I'm regretting asking you to help me to move," I told her, smiling.

"You know that those boxes are too heavy for me El."

"Then why did you move them?"

"I was trying to help."

I grumbled under my breath and shoved Wes over when he came into the kitchen with a grin. "Ow," he muttered, frowning at me.

I smile. "Love you big brother."

"Whatever," he grumbled, poking my nose. "When is that boy going to get here? Him and Elliott went ages ago to get paint. I need to get started otherwise the room won't be finished."

"I don't know." I say. "Call him."

Wes sighed and pulled his phone out before dialing our brother's number. "Right," he muttered after he hung up. "They're stuck in traffic and should be home in half an hour."

"Great." I mutter. I looked around the empty dining room and frowned, hating it wasn't ready.

I yawn, I should really get more sleep.

"Why don't you got up to bed?" My brother suggested, pushing me towards the stairs. "We'll get you when they get back, okay?"

I mumbled a yes before walking upstairs and flopping down on my bed, smiling when I realised it smelt on Justin.

"Ellie," someone murmured.

Even through my sleep-deprived state, I knew his voice so well, so I jumped up and wrapped my arms and legs around him.

He chuckles. "Ellie."

I kissed his neck. "I've missed you," I murmured against his skin before squeezing him.

He holds me tight. "I missed you too." He pulled back an looked at me, his finger brushing lightly over my skin. "Only a matter of days until we're on our own," he whispered.

"I know. I can't wait, but I'll miss the sounds and all."

"Yeah it's going to be strange not being around everyone. I feel like I'm still here on visit, not to stay."

"Well, you're staying." I hold him tightly.

He grinned against my shoulder. "Yes I am and I can't wait."

I kiss him. "I love you Justin, so much."

"I love you too," he murmured. "Always."

I beam. "Should we go downstairs?"

"Yeah, otherwise your brothers will get suspicious."

I let go of him and we walk downstairs together.

"Sleeping beauty emerges," Wes teased, looking over his shoulder from painting to look at me.

I roll my eyes jokingly and smile.

"Right, now that you’re here you can help paint."

I picked up the paint brush and dipped it in the paint. "How long does this take to dry?" I asked him.

"A while."

I frowned at the paint. "That means we can’t move in until it's all done."

"That's okay, it'll only be a few days."