Part 28

Chapter 28

AMY'S POV

The next day was hell for me. There was a pit of worry building up in my stomach. I didn't want to take these O.W.L.s. Yeah, I might be Lord Voldemort's daughter, but these tests still made my stomach turn. I was still nervous that I would do terrible on them. Of course, I most likely would do okay, but being a perfectionist, I wanted to do really well.

I walked down the hallways. We didn't have classes today because of the O.W.L.s. Half of Slytherin House was taking theirs tonight, and the other half tomorrow. The people taking them tonight - including me and Teddy - were with the Gryffindors and half of Ravenclaw. The people taking them tomorrow - including Draco - were taking them with Hufflepuff and the other half of Ravenclaw. 

I noticed Harry and Ron sitting on a bench outside. I walked up to them. "Hey, what's going on?" 

"I really don't want to take O.W.L.s tonight," Harry mumbled. 

"Tell me about it," I said. "We're taking them at the same time."

"Oh, well, I'll see you there, then," Harry said. Ron nodded. 

"Yeah, I'm just trying to get rid of the nervousness." I laughed a bit. "Not working, much." 

I glanced at Ron, who had a sour expression on his face. I looked back at Harry, trying to silently ask him what was up with Ron. Harry gave me an I don't know expression. I kept glancing at Ron, who glared at me. Finally, I got tired of it. 

"Ron, what's wrong?" I asked. 

Ron stood up. "You remember when Hermione was attacked?" Ron asked. 

"Oh, yeah, that was horrible. She isn't - she's okay, isn't she?" I asked, pretending to sound worried. 

"She seems to think you had something to do with it," Ron said. 

"Ron, that's not what she said," Harry cut in.

"That is what she said!" Ron protested. "Amy, you're lying! You did it! I know you did!"

"I - Ron - you're not making any sense," I said, trying to sound worked up and sad.  "Really, what are you talking about? I'm not sure what you mean ... I thought you ... why would you think I did it?"  

 "Hermione knows it. She said it!" Ron walked towards me. 

"Ron ... Ron, please -" 

"Amy, maybe you should just go," Harry said. "I'm sorry ... just ... I'll talk to you later, alright?" 

I nodded, letting fake tears come to my eyes. I backed away slowly and turned away and around the corner. When I was out of sight, I smiled. 

You may be wondering, why is she smiling? Ron is suspicious of her. I knew that. Ron was definitely suspicious of me. But Harry wasn't. Harry was so ignorant. He refused to see what was right in front of him. This school was filled with idiots. If anyone was smart, they would clearly see that I did not belong here. That I was trying to destroy this school from the inside out. 

Harry was positively on my side. He was wrapped around my finger. Harry Potter, and it made me laugh to say this, but Harry Potter was a tool.

 I laughed. 

Later that day, I walked to the room where we were taking our O.W.L.s. I met eyes with Teddy, who smiled when he saw me. I grinned and we walked to our seats. I saw Harry, who nodded at me. I nodded back and took my seat in the room. 

I waited for Umbridge to enter the room. It was completely silent. The atmosphere of the room was gloomy. No one was looking forward to these exams. Except Hermione, maybe. I could tell by the expressions of everyone that they didn't want to take them. I used Occlumency to see what people were thinking. 

"Ugh, these exams are so horrible. I know I'm going to fail."

"Why do I have to do this?" 

"This is so boring!!!!"

"I love cats so much." 

I turned around, looking at the person who thought that with a confused expression. 

Umbridge walked past my desk, placing a paper on it. She called out to the entire room. "Please do not begin until I say so!" 

I rolled my eyes slightly, but waited until Umbridge was at the front of the room. "You have three hours to complete the exam. There will be no need to talk, and keep your eyes on your own paper. If I detect any possible cheating, you will fail your exam and recieve detention for the rest of the year. You may now begin." 

I began the test. It was on Defense Against the Dark Arts. Nothing too hard. It was actually quite easy. I got through a bunch of it before things started to get really interesting. I had been working on a problem about Protective Charms. Suddenly, I heard a loud pounding noise. 

I didn't pay any attention to it, but then it happened again. I turned around in my seat and looked back at the door. I looked around the room. Everyone else was doing the same. I glanced up at Umbridge, who looked very confused. 

There was another bang. Umbridge walked towards the door to see what was going on. She opened the large doors, looking out. There was nothing there. I shrugged, turning back to my test, eager to get it done, when suddenly I heard another noise. 

It was a whisting noise. It was very high pitched and quite annoying. I turned back towards Umbridge and the doors. The noise sounded almost like ... 

Fireworks? 

I saw something sparkling in near Umbridge's face. Suddenly it flew through the doors and exploded over our heads. People looked up, oohing and aahing at the beautiful fireworks. I didn't care for them much. I really just wanted to get this stupid exam over with.

Suddenly, I heard yelling, and two people came flying into the exam room. It was Fred and George Weasley. Now, I didn't like the Weasley's - at all. They were a stupid, Muggle-loving family of gingers. But, I had to admit, Fred and George were the best of the bunch.

They whipped out their wands, making the papers fly all over the place. They threw more fireworks, and they exploded over our heads with loud flashes of color. They were actually kind of awesome. Umbridge walked back into the room, looking horrified at why they were destroying this *cough cough* wonderful testing environment. Filch came hobbling in after her, carrying a mop, which, I laughed, wouldn't be of much help here. 

I looked up at Fred and George, who nodded at each other on the broomstick. Fred held a humongus firework in his hand, which I could tell would be the big finish. He threw the stick into the air and it exploded into a bunch of orange lights. The lights formed a gigantic firey dragon, which began to chase after Umbridge. She looked terrified for a moment before running out of the Great Hall. Just as she left the room, the dragon bit down, sending whistling explosions everywhere. The explosions knocked all of the Educational Decrees off of the wall. They fell to the wall with a huge crash.

Fred and George flew out of the room and into the courtyard, with all of the students following in their wake. I couldn't help but follow as well.

They flew around in the sky as all of the kids cheered. A gigantic 'W' was formed in the air to stand for Weasley. I turned around to look at Harry, who was cheering. Suddenly, he stopped. He seemed dizzy and sick.

"Harry?" I asked. "Potter, you alright?"

He didn't seem to hear me. "Hermione!" I exclaimed. Hermione turned around and ran to Harry. He started to collapse to the ground. He seemed as if he was unconscious while his eyes were still open. I crouched near him to see if he was alright.

Hermione and I watched in nervousness to see if he was going to be okay. "Harry?" Hermione asked, concerned.

Harry slowly started to come to his senses. I could tell that my father had something to do with this. I could practically feel his presence. I took his hand. "You okay?" I asked.

He looked up at Hermione and said one word.

"Sirius."