Part 11

Chapter 11

DRACO'S POV

I walked back up to the castle, alone. Normally, I would be chatting with Amy, talking about the Quidditch tryouts, but not today. We were still arguing. When I got back to the dorms, I got changed into my casual clothes and went back into the common room. The kids were eagerly talking to each other, discussing who made the team or if they thought they were good choices. I didn't participate, though I normally would. Typically I was the one people wanted to talk to, but today that was not the case. I noticed Teddy come downstairs and talk to Amy. They hugged. I scowled.

I sat down in the corner, feeling more alone than ever. Slowly, kids crept up to their dorms, tired. I was tired too, but I wanted to get Amy alone in here with me. To my luck, she stayed down here.

She looked around and noticed that I was the only one in here with her. She frowned and got up to leave, obviously not wanting to be with me alone. 

"Amy, wait!" I said. I stood up. "I want to talk to you."

"And? I don't want to talk to you," she said, bitter as ever. She turned to leave again.

"Amy! Stop!" I said, losing my temper. "I'm going to talk to you!"

Amy turned, confused. She stalked right up to me, getting in my face. When she spoke, however, her voice was barely more than a whisper. Even without the shouting, her voice sounded as dangerous as hell. "And who are you to tell me what to do? You know who I am, and you know what I can do. If I were you, I would shut my mouth, here and now."

"No, Amy," I said sharply. "You shut your mouth!"

Amy stepped back, shocked. I had never told her what to do.... ever. I was shocked myself, but I continued, despite her astonished and upset expression.

"You need to listen to me! I've already apologized to you! I don't want to go on fighting like this," I insisted. My voice suddenly lost its original angry enthusiasm and became more insistent and sad. "So stop acting so foolish and just.... I dunno, forgive me already!"

Amy shook her head, a faint - but not kind - smile on her face. She turned around. Before she left to go to her dormitory.

"Draco.... you really are daft sometimes," she said.

"What's that supposed to -" she cut me off.

"I forgave you a long time ago," she said, smiling for real this time. "But I wanted you to show me that you cared for me... and loved me... more than you feared me. You passed, Dra."

And with that, she was gone.

I was left smiling where I stood.

HARRY'S POV

Almost 30 kids walked into the Hog's Head. Hermione, Ron, Amy, and I were standing at the front, waiting. Hermione looked anxious. Ron looked interested. Amy looked irritated - but she always looked irritated.

Finally, when everyone was settled in, Hermione began talking.

"Okay, so you're all here today because Harry - er I - had the idea that we should start our own Defense Against the Dark Arts group. Because, er, what we're learning, or rather, what we're not learning, is not Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"But why do we need to learn it?" a kid said. He was a snobby Hufflepuff.

"Because Voldemort's back, you tosspot," Ron said, scowling.

"Who says?" His name was Zacharias Smith, I had just remembered.

"Dumbledore says." That was Hermione.