Part 29

Chapter 29

AMY'S POV

I followed closely behind Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They hurried quickly, and I trailed behind unhelpfully and somewhat reluctantly.

"It's Sirius!" Harry exclaimed.

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked shrilly.

"It was just like with Mr. Weasley. It was the same place I've been seeing for months, only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before," Harry said. "Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time. And it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, please, just listen," Hermione protested. Harry came to a stop and glared at Hermione. "What if Voldemort just meant for you to see this? What if he was using Sirius to get to you?"

"What if he is?" Harry demanded. "I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left!"

"What - what do we do?" I asked.

"We'll have to use the Floo network!" Harry said, turning and continuing up the stairs.

"But Umbridge blocked all the fireplaces!" Hermione said.

"Not all of them!" Harry exclaimed.

I followed Harry through the corridors. I had to get away from him. I had to get back to Malfoy Manor and let my dad know that Harry was coming. Harry finally stopped at Umbridge's office. He pulled out his want. "Alohomora," Harry whispered.

"Harry," I said quickly, before we went in. "I was thinking ... I was just thinking that I could keep watch, you know, for Umbridge. Just in case."

Ron and Hermione sharply glanced at me. There was suspicion in their eyes. They didn't trust me. I would have to get rid of them. They were onto me.

"That sounds good," Harry said. "Thanks, Amy."

I started walking down the hallway. I was aware of Ron and Hermione watching me as I left, but I pretended not to notice. As I turned the hallway, I broke out into a run. I had to tell my father. I ran into the Slytherin common room. I ran up the stairs to the dorms to get my stuff. I bumped straight into someone on the way up. I glanced up. "Teddy!" I exclaimed.

"Amy, what's going on?" he asked.

I leaned into his ear. "I need to see my dad ... it's important. Harry and his friends are going to the Ministry of Magic ... I need to tell Dad."

Teddy nodded. "I hear ya."

"Anyway, I've got to get ready," I said, pushing past him and going into my dorm. I grabbed my normal clothes and was about to get changed when I heard more thoughts in the room through Occlumency. I turned towards Teddy. "I know what you're thinking, Teddy," I said.

"Do you?"

"Legilimency," I said, tapping my forehead.

Teddy grinned. "Sorry." He walked closer to me. "Amy, you don't have to go."

"Yes, I do," I replied. "I have to tell my dad. I mean, I'm sure he already knows -"

"Then why go?"

"Because I have to," I answered. "I just have to. I want ... I want to be there ... I want to fight by my father's side."

"Amy ... you won't be safe," Teddy protested. "Don't you think ... maybe ... you and Harry have become friends since you've been here? A little bit?"

I made a disgusted expression. "Of course not," I said. But even as I said it, I could feel my voice wavering, that maybe Teddy was right. It was just lime what Sirius and Snape said. After an entire school year with Potter ... I liked him a bit. But I pushed the thought away. That would be horrible.

It seemed like everybody thought I could change. Except me.

"Amy -" Teddy grabbed my hand. "Stay - stay for me. Please."

"Teddy, I like you, you know that. I'm your friend," I said. "And I'm sorry I can't stay. I would - if I could, I would stay for you -"

Teddy caught me off guard by leaning in and kissing me. I blinked in shock but then closed my eyes, kissing him back. I placed my hands on his shoulders as he slowly slid his hands to my waist. But then I pulled away. "Teddy ... I'm sorry."

"Amy, I love you," Teddy said. "Please."

"I can't," I said. I pushed his chest. "Now go. I'm gonna get changed."

"What, I can't stay for that?" Teddy asked jokingly.

"Go!" I shouted playfully.

"I love you," Teddy said. "Oh, come on. You don't love me back?"

I winked. "I'm Voldemort's daughter. I don't love people." I smiled. "Bye, Teddy."

He gave a quick wave and went out the door. I got changed into my normal clothes. I found Ebony curled up in a ball under my bed. I took him out and he slithered into my jacket sleeve. I grabbed my sneakers and shoved them on. I ran out of my dorms. Teddy wasn't in the common room, which was weird. I thought he would be waiting for me. Sap like him would want to say goodbye, wouldn't he?

I left the room and walked out into the hallway. I looked around for Draco. I wanted to say goodbye before I left. I couldn't see him anywhere, so I decided to make my way down to Hogsmeade. The school was in chaos, kids were everywhere. Most of them were 5th years, excited because of Fred and George Weasley's fireworks display. It would be easy for me to sneak out of the school.

Draco was nowhere to be found. I had to leave without saying goodbye. I darted out of the door and walked down towards Hogsmeade. The instant I got into Hogsmeade I Disapparated in a poof of smoke. I appeared suddenly in front of the Malfoys' house.

I walked inside the doors and ran towards my father's study. I sprinted through the dark hallways and burst through the door.

"Father!" I exclaimed. It wasn't him. It was Lucius Malfoy. "What - where's my dad?"

"Your father isn't here. He is ... preparing," Malfoy answered.

"Preparing for what?" I demanded. Lucius didn't answer me. "Preparing for what, Malfoy?!"

"The Death Eaters are going to the Ministry of Magic," Lucius answered. "Harry Potter and his friends are going."

"Yeah. Duh. I knew that. I'm coming to help you," I answered.

"I'm afraid you can't, Amelia," Lucius said.

"Okay, listen here, you asshole," I snapped. "I'm coming with you - whether you like it or not. I don't give a flying fuck about what you think, either."

Lucius smirked. "No, you're not."

"Lucius, I highly reccommend you relent."

I turned around when I heard a voice. It was Dad, in the doorway. Lucius bowed his head a little. "Of course, My Lord," he muttered. Lucius left the room.

"Welcome back, Amelia," my father said. "Persistent, as always. Watch your language, young lady," he added.

You watch your language, I though to myself in my head. I quickly used Occlumency to block my thoughts. My father sensed this and gave me a look to which I replied with the most innocent expression I could muster.

"I expected you would be coming," Father continued. "I had someone leave your clothes and your mask in your room. We will leave when you are done." 

I nodded. "Alright."

I turned around and went back to my room. I took a deep breath. Finally, after all these years, I would be fighting alongside my father against Harry Potter.

It was a dream come true.

But something still seemed off. Something wasn't right.