Part 31 (Part 2 of THE END)

Chapter 31

AMY"S POV

I crouched in the corner, completely out of sight. Looking around, all of the other Death Eaters were hidden as well. When Potter and his gang showed up, there was no way that they would find out we were here until we showed ourselves. The room was completely silent. The Death Eaters were pros at this by now. Something that I didn't give them much credit for. Many of them didn't have the biggest brains on the planet, but they were good at doing their job. If anyone was to mess up tonight, it would probably be me. 

I slowed and quieted my breathing. I wanted this night to be perfect. If Potter's friends were to discover us earlier than plannned because of my loud (and rather shaky) breathing, then I would never forgive myself.

I heard a sudden movement close to me. I whipped my head to the side. It was hiding at the very corners of this room. It couldn't be Potter or his friends. Why on earth would they be over here? I told myself it was nothing, even though at the back of my mind I was asking myself, why is something moving in an empy room?

There was a loud slam. I looked up. Voices could be heard from the middle of the room. I recognized them from my time at Hogwarts as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, and Luna Lovegood. It surprised me that some of them were here, particularly Luna and Ginny, but if they were to be killed alongside Potter, then so be it.

I briefly remembered Luna's conversation with me a few months ago, and a quick sadness came over me. I just hoped that I wouldn't have to be the one to end her life. I secretly hoped I wouldn't have to be the one to end any of their lives, especially after they had showed me so much kindness and acceptance.

It only took a few more minutes for them to lead the other Death Eaters and myself to the prophecy. Their curiosity led us all to it. As Harry picked it up, I heard Lucius's thoughts.

Now.

That was our cue. The other Death Eaters had been informed of it, apparently, but I only had to read his mind. Lucius and Bellatrix went first, going to taunt the boy and try to manipulate him into just handing it over. If worst came to worst, then we would ener the battle and begin to fight Potter's friends.

I concentrated to myself, going over the plan again and again. I closed my eyes briefly, hoping that if indeed I joined the fight, the boy and his friends wouldn't recognize me. I mean, I had my bitchin' mask, but I still worried that it wouldn't be enough. After all, I did spend an entire year with them.

After a few moments, I stood up, beginning to walk slowly towards Harry and the rest of them. The other Death Eaters began to surround them as well. The pit of dread in my stomach didn't go away.

"All we want ... is that prophecy," Lucius said.

I was now close to Harry and his friends. I stood behind him, facing Lucius over their heads. There were four other Death Eaters on Potter's left and right. I was alone in the back, and Lucius and Bellatrix faced him.

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry asked.

"You dare speak his name," Bellatrix replied, in a hushed voice. Then suddenly, "YOU FITHLY HALF BLOOD!"

Lucius raised his hands, almost if to sheild Bellatrix from advancing on the children. "It's alright," Lucius said. "He's just a curious lad, aren't you? Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made. Which is lucky, for you, really."

As the rest of the Death Eaters crept closer and closer, Harry's friends raised their wands. I stood face to face with Ginny and Luna. Based on their expressions, they couldn't tell who I was just yet.

Lucius and Bellatrix walked closer to Harry. Lucius's hands were raised in a gesture of peace. I knew Lucius. He was the type of person that would only attack if it was necessary.

"Haven't you always wondered the reason for the connection between you ... and the Dark Lord?" Lucius asked. I knew this tactic. He was trying to make Potter think he was their friend. "Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scar?"

Harry almost looked won over. He looked uncertainly down at the prophecy.

"All the answers are there," Lucius continued. "All the answers are there, Potter. In your hand. All you have to do ... is give it to me. And I can show you everything." Lucius held out his hand.

The Death Eaters continued to converge around Harry.

"I've waited 14 years," Harry said. My eyes widened. Did we really win that easily?

"I know," Lucius said, sympathetically.

Harry hesitated. "I guess I can wait a little longer - NOW!" Harry yelled.

At his yell, Harry and the others fired spells at us. I quickly deflected it. The spell that Ginny had sent at me hit some of the prophecies on the wall. I disapparated in a cloud of black smoke, flying towards the ceiling.

This was it. Now we had to fight.

Harry and his friends ran through the Hall of Prophecy. I stayed above the shelves, making sure to be on them the entire time. I didn't doubt my skill. I could take all six of them if I needed to. Honestly, I trusted it more than the other Death Eaters. The only thing I doubted was my ability to kill them all. I didn't enter the fight just yet, but if my father's followers needed me, then I wouldn't hesitate to act.

Some of the group split off. I stayed right next to Harry. I landed right in front of him, pointing my wand. I thought in my mind, STUPEFY! Harry dodged to the right, turning down another hallway. This time, I sprinted after him. I was sure to be on his tail the entire time.

I fired spells at him, but he was quick. He either dodged them or blocked them with other spells. He fired occasional stunning spells at me, but I was quick as well. He turned left down another passage, meeting up with two of his other friends - Ron and Ginny. The three of them were firing spells, making it difficult to dodge them all at once. I shot up into the air, staying right on top of them.

They suddenly met up with all of their friends, crashing in the middle of a big corridor. I appeared behind them again.

"GIVE IT HERE, POTTER!" I yelled, making sure to change my voice just slightly so they didn't know who I was.

"I'll die before that happens," Harry said back.

I raised my wand. "Want me to arrange that for you?"

I heard a Disapparating noise. I quickly looked behind me at a large group of Death Eaters appearing in the distance, down a hallway. I turned back to Potter, seeing Ginny raise her wand. I knew what was going to happen before it did.

"REDUCTO!" she yelled.

The next thing I felt was myself slamming into a wall of shelves, then nothing.