Part 21

Chapter 21

Harry's POV

I was walking down the corridor towards the Owlery when I heard a noise. It sounded as if someone was crying. I wanted to see who it was, so I looked around for a little while until I found it. I was surprised to find that it was Amy.

"Amy?" I asked. "Are you okay?"

Amy looked up. She wiped her eyes. "Oh, hi, Harry," she replied. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "You were crying."

"Don't worry about it," she said, managing a weak smile. "I'm really fine."

I sat down next to her. "Penny for your thoughts?" I asked helpfully.

Amy laughed derisively. "You don't want to know my thoughts," she said. But then she sighed. "Well, I guess I'm just ..."

"Sick of Slytherin?" I asked.

She shrugged. "A little, maybe. I guess it's just the transition from homeschool to here is really hectic. It's not so bad, actually. There are just some people that I can't stand."

"Tell me about it," I agreed.

We sat in silence for a little while longer. Amy swung her legs back and forth. I could tell her mind was reeling.

"So ..." she began. "Have you heard anything about the Order?" she asked.

"Not really," I said. "Actually, I was just going to the Owlery to check if Sirius had written back or anything. Do you want to come with me?"

"Sure!" Amy exclaimed. "Let's go!"

Amy's POV

I followed Harry up towards the Owlery. My fake crying had worked. I knew exactly where Potter was going to be and I intercepted him just in time. I was just lucky that no one else had found me instead of him.

At least, I told myself that. The truth was, Harry found me crying by coincidence. I was actually crying, I actually was not okay. But to be caught crying - and by the Boy Who Lived no less - was embarrassing. It was weak. And I couldn't be weak.

When we got to the Owlery, Harry went over to one bird with a letter on his talon. He grabbed it. On the front it said 'Harry'. He opened it and read through it quick. I pretended to be looking out the window as if I was waiting for something as well.

"Oh!" Harry exclaimed.

"What?" I asked. "Anything good?"

"Yeah. Sirius said that he would let you join if he could meet you," Harry said. "He said that you could come for Easter if you wanted. But instead of ... the normal place we could meet at the Burrow." When he noticed my confused expression, he added, "Ron's house."

"Oh," I said. "That sounds great! Let me just write to my dad real quick to tell him. I'm sure he'll be fine with it."

That wasn't necessarily a lie.

Harry smiled. "Cool," he said. "Well, I should be going then. I'll see you."

"Yeah," I said. "Bye."

When he was clear of sight, I turned around and jumped into the air in excitement. I couldn't conceal the evil grin that was spreading over my face. I would infiltrate the Order of the Phoenix, just like my Dad had wanted. He would be so proud of me.

I was just happy that I avoided the punishment that would have come if I didn't.

Dear Dad,

I have successfully infiltrated the Order. Or almost, technically. I'm going to stay with the Weasleys over Easter. Sirius Black said that he would want to meet me before letting me join. I guess that if he thinks I'm okay then he'll let me join.

Did I do great, or what?

See you soon,

Amelia