Part 18

Chapter 18

VOLDEMORT'S POV

I sat up in my chair. Was that Amy's voice? Why was she here?

"FATHER!!!! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

Yes, that was certainly Amy. I waited for her to come upstairs. She opened the door with a bang and came in, out of breath and panting.

"Hello, Amy," I said. "What are you doing here?"

"I have news," she gasped. "And it's important!" 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Potter just saw into your mind!" she exclaimed.

HARRY'S POV

I sat down in the common room angrily. Snape was such a bastard. I hated him so much. Ugh. Why did I have to learn stupid Occlumency? It was pointless. Just pointless. I was no good at it either, so why does it even matter?

"Is something wrong, Harry?" Ron asked, coming up behind me.

"The Occlumency lessons are such a waste of time!" I muttered loudly. "They're pointless! I'm so bad at them!"

"It's for the best, mate," Ron said sympathetically. He was trying to be strong, but I could tell he was worried. He would be leaving for Grimmauld Place later today, as would I.

"I know," I muttered. "Don't want to have any more dreams like that again. I hope your dad is okay."

"Me too," Ron murmured.

 "Hello!" Hermione's voice said from behind us. "I wanted to ask you guys a question."

"Yeah, what is it?" I said tiredly.

Hermione took a deep breath and sat down. "I was wondering if you think it's right to let Amy join the Order of the Phoenix."

"Of course it's right!" Ron exclaimed at once. "She saved Harry's life! If she wasn't there, Harry could have died!"

"Harry wouldn't have died, Ron," Hermione said, rolling her eyes. "Dumbledore would have saved him." 

"Yes, but still," Ron mumbled, blushing.

"What about you, Harry?" Hermione asked.

I was finding it hard to concentrate at the moment. "I -" I hesitated. "Yeah, I think she should. She's really, like, great and everything."

"Ugh, you guys are such boys!" Hermione sighed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ron asked.

"You can't see through her! It's like she's got you wrapped around your finger... you two both like her so much, it's stupid," Hermione explained.

"Yeah, but what's there to see through?" I asked. "She's a nice, funny, smart, talented girl who just wants to have friends here. Cut her some slack."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Come on guys... don't you think it's a bit weird that she wants to join the Order?"

"No, I don't! I think it's completely natural!" I exclaimed. "Besides, I thought you were her friend too!"

Hermione sort of grimaced. She hesitated before answering. "She is..."

"Then why don't you want her in the Order?" I asked hotly.

"I don't know, I just feel like she doesn't like me as much as she likes you two," Hermione mumbled.

"That's ridiculous!" Ron said. "Amy's really nice, why wouldn't she like you?"

"I don't know," Hermione said. "But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to let her join the Order. I'm just not sure..."