Epilogue

Epilogue

AMY'S POV

I stormed out of the fireplace at Malfoy Manor. I ripped my mask on and threw it to the ground. It clattered across the floor with the loud clanging of metal. My father followed me.

"Amelia -"

"DON'T!" I yelled. I stuck out my hand behind me, aiming to push him away if he was there, but he wasn't. I put a hand to my head. "Please, just leave me alone."

"You did well, Amy," he continued.

I turned around. A couple of the Death Eaters had wandered into the room, hearing us return. One of them included Bellatrix Lestrange.

"No, no, no, you don't ... you don't understand!" I exclaimed. "Harry's right."

Anger came over my father's face. "You mean to say -"

The other Death Eaters shied away. They were terrified when my father got angry like that.

"I mean to say that he's right," I repeated. "You'll never know love or friendship or ... or -"

"And neither will you," my father answered coldly. "You are the Heir of Slytherin - like me. You aren't supposed to love or care -"

"I'm not, am I?" I demanded, turning around. My voice broke. "I killed my best friend tonight! He ... he snuck in after us ... and he - and now he's dead." I couldn't bring myself to say anymore.

"Caring isn't an advantage, Amelia," my father continued.

"So what is it that you feel about me?"

My father was silent.

"Your own daughter? You don't love me? You don't care about me?"

"Amelia -"

"No, I don't even want to hear it," I said. I shook my head. "You think you know me! You think you can make me be like you. I'm not like you! I'll never be like you! And I never want to be!"

I began to turn out of the way.

"You have no other choice," I heard my father say. "It is the only path for you."

I kept walking.

"If you try to be anything else than what you're destined to be ... I'll have no choice but to kill you."

I stopped momentarily, but then kept walking, determined not to show my feelings.

"Just keep that in mind, my dear."

VOLDEMORT'S POV

I stood in the room, alone. I watched my daughter leave. I took a deep breath.

It was half true, what I said. She was the Heir of Slytherin. She was supposed to be like me, to follow in my footsteps. But I knew from the moment I met her that she was different. She was smart. She wasn't ignorant. She had the ability to understand people. That would either be a great gift, or a severe problem. I knew that she was dangerous, psychopathic, angry ... just like I was.

But she was also kind and smart and forgiving ...

She had many of the same qualities as her mother.

Her mother...

In time, I decided it would be best to go check on her. I walked to her room, seeing that the door was slightly ajar. I peeked my head in, finding her asleep in her bed, a book in her arms and the light on.

I walked over to the bed, taking the book from her hand. I placed it gently on the ground. I reached for the blankets, pulling them up over her. With one last look to her, I reached my hand for the light switch and turned out the lamp on her bedside table.

I strode out of the room. I paused momentarily.

"Goodnight, Amy," I said, closing the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~

And that's all, folks. Thanks for sticking with me and reading my story. Be sure to check out the sequel to this one if you're still interested :)