Part 25

Chapter 25

AMY'S POV

Okay, there was no denying it now. Umbridge was a bitch. My hatred for her now was nothing compared to before. I mean, come on! Really, you have to ruin DA? DA was fun! Even though it was an organization built about fighting against my own father. I enjoyed the meetings! It was fun! But nooooo. She just had to go and ruin it all.

It was Cho Chang. She was the one who ratted us out. How low can she get? She was a member too! I couldn't believe she would do it. But ... whatever. I guess if it's over now ... I might as well do something more useful.

Our punishment was her stupid quill thing. It didn't bother me. I barely recognized it. She was checking everyone's hands.

"We might have to do this again tomorrow, to let the message sink in," Umbridge said sweetly as she came around to me.

"Oh, goody," I replied. I ripped my hand out of her sweaty grasp. "Greatly looking forward to it. So excited. I love cutting open my hand. That feeling, you know? Amazing. I'm really excited. Do you know where I can get one of those?"

Umbridge shot me a worried looking glance and hurried off to the next person. I met Harry's eyes and winked.

After detention, Harry and I walked back to our common rooms.

"That sucks, doesn't it?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "It's really too bad. I'm real sorry about that. I mean, Cho Chang ... what a bitch, you know?"

Harry smiled. "I thought I liked her," Harry said.

"Well, you don't now," I said. "Keep your eyes open for other people, right? Leave her to Hufflepuffs."

Harry laughed slightly, and I gave him one of my dazzling smiles. It was okay, you know, messing with his mind. He was so easy to fool. I turned around and left.

"Oh, Amy?" Harry called.

I turned around.

"I'm excited to see you over Easter," he said.

"Yeah, you too," I replied.

Three days later - Easter Vacation

I arrived at my house. It felt like forever since I was here. I immediately let Ebony go about his business, while I went up to my room and started to pack for the Weasley's. I heard a knock on the door and my father entered.

"Hey, Dad," I said.

"Hello, Amelia," he said. "You'll be getting into the Order of the Phoenix." He said it like more of a statement than a question, making me angry for some reason.

"Yeah, hopefully," I replied.

"Hopefully?" he repeated.

"Yeah, hopefully," I said.

"Why? Are you uncertain that you will get in?" Dad asked.

"I've never actually met any of them," I said. "And it's not like I can change their minds for them."

Dad laughed. I looked up in shock, giving him a worried glance. Was he feeling alright? He actually laughed.

"I believe in you, Amelia," he said. "I'm very confident you'll be able to get in."

He left without another word after that, leaving me smiling.

He believed in me.

He was proud of me.

The Next Day - At the Weasley's

"Hey, Amy's here!" I heard Ginny call from inside the house.

Ron came to the door, a look of happiness on his face. "Amy!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, Ron," I said.

"Come on in!" he said.

He led me up to the room I would be sharing with Ginny and later Hermione. I put my stuff down.

"Harry's gonna be here in a bit," Ron explained. "We're really excited to have you here. The rest of the Order's coming in a bit too."

"Great," I said. "I can't wait to meet them."

Meet them, infiltrate them, destroy them ... it was all the same thing.