Part 14

Chapter 14

HARRY'S POV

I walked back into the school after a fun holiday. I sat in the Great Hall after catching up with some of my other friends. I was then startled by a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped and turned around, only to be greeted by the grinning face of Amy Wolfe.

"Oh, hi Amy," I said. I was in a good mood.

"Hey Harry," Amy said. "How was your holiday?"

"Oh, it was fine," I said. "Yours?"

"Great," Amy replied. She started to take a seat next to me. "I can sit here, right? I'm not going to be chased by a mob of angry Gryffindors, am I?"

I laughed. "I hope not."

She sat down. "I'll take my chances."

Amy and I got to chat for a little bit, exchanging the details about our Christmas vacations. It felt great to be back at school with all of my friends. But we still had Umbridge to worry about. And exams... And Voldemort... and all of that....

"Sorry, what?" I said. I had accidentally ignored everything Amy had just said while I was deep in thought.

"I was just wondering if I could join the Order of the Phoenix."

DRACO'S POV

I walked into the common room and flopped on the couch. I sighed. We were back at school, where there were exams, schoolwork, and worst of all, I didn't get Amy to myself. What I meant by that is I have Teddy on my mind. If Amy was going to go out with him and all that... I missed having alone time with Amy. I could see the way they looked at each other, the way they acted around each other. It was obvious, no matter how much Amy tried to deny it.

Just then, Teddy walked into the room.

"Hi Draco, did you have a good holiday?" he asked. 

"Yeah, it was great," I said, replied. "Yours?"

"Mine was fine too. A little lonely, but alright," Teddy remarked.

I rolled my eyes. Teddy was too happy. He was so friendly. It kind of got on my nerves. I hated him for it. I hated him for stealing Amy. I hated Potter for stealing Amy. I hated You-Know-Who for not letting us be real friends. I had to watch my back all the time. He could get mad at me for anything.

"You alright, Draco?" Teddy asked.

"Stay away from her," I said dangerously. "Just stay away from Amy!"

AMY'S POV

Shit! How could I let that slip so easily!?! I thought in outrage, biting my lip. That was a fatal error. I could have blown my cover so easily. I wasn't supposed to know about the Order of the Phoenix.

"Wha-" Harry asked, shocked. 

"Oh - er - sorry," I covered up quickly. "I'm sorry. I heard you and Ron and Hermione talking about it. I couldn't help but overhear. I shouldn't have been eavesdropping. I'm sorry. It sounded interesting and I would really like to join. I hate Voldemort too. Sorry."

I cringed inside. That wasn't true. I loved my father. But, I had saved my fatal mistake. Harry was blushing, getting redder by the moment. I smiled at him encouragingly.

"Well - it's okay - I mean - sure -" He got his composure back. "Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Maybe you should talk to Snape," Harry said. "But I'll see what I can do first so you don't have to deal with that bastard."

"Thanks, Harry," I said. "You're the greatest."

I walked away from the conversation kicking myself. What a dumbass.