Part 33 (Part 4 of THE END)

Chapter 33

AMY'S POV

 No.

 No. No. No.

 No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

 NO.

I sank to my knees in front of him. It was just a joke. Just a stupid prank. He was just kidding around. I waited for him to sot up and smile his stupid smile and pull me into his arms and kiss me again. He wouldn't do that to me. He wouldn't do that to me. He wouldn't leave me in this cruel, boring world alone. I needed him.

Ha. The Dark Lord's Daughter. Needing someone.

I stared at him.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

It was my fault. I killed him. I loved him ... and I killed him.

He never got to tell me what he saw in me. I was stupid, thinking that someone like me could love someone like him. Someone like me - violent, cruel, unloving, psychopathic, evil. And someone like him - caring, funny, nice, smart, good.

What a stupid thought.

"Amelia."

I felt Lucius's hand on my shoulder. The other Death Eaters had moved on when Lucius waved them away. I suppose that was a good thing. It would be embarrassing to be sad in front of all of them. But Lucius was more like a father to me.

At his touch, I shouted. "Leave me alone!" 

"Please, Amelia," he repeated. "Amy. I'm sorry. But we need to go." 

I looked at him. "You don't understand." 

"I understand more than you know," Lucius said. There was kindness in his face. Something I didn't see often. 

I was silent for a few moments. I found myself unconsciously holding Teddy's hand. I stared down at him. I killed him. I killed him. I killed him. 

He was dead. He was never coming back.

"We have to go," Lucius said.

I dropped Teddy's hand. "I'm gonna kill them," I said. I wiped tears from my eyes. "It's their fault that I had to kill Teddy. I'm going to kill them. They've got to die." 

"Let's just find them first," Lucius insisted. "Then we can decide -"

"I'M GONNA KILL THEM!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I pushed his hand off of my shoulder. I picked up my wand off the floor. With one last look to Teddy, I began walking away. Lucius followed me. I walked confidently towards the door.

Once there was a thought in my head, it took a lot to get it out. I was a steamroller now, with one task at hand.

I wouldn't stop until the Potter boy was dead.

HARRY'S POV

The six of us ran from the explosion, getting away while there was still time. I looked back only to make sure that all of my friends were with me. Ahead, I saw a door. Not thinking about what could be on the other side, I opened it and jumped through.

There was nothing on the other side. We went through anyway, pushed by our momentem, and went flying through the air. I looked down, seeing the ground rushing up below us. I closed my eyes, sure that we were going to die. At the last second, I found myself still. I thought I was dead, but soon realized that I was not.