Part 17

Chapter 17

HARRY'S POV

I was sliding through the floor. I moved towards a room with shelves and crystal balls. There was a figure up ahead. Before I could look to see who it was, I was striking out at it. The man fell. His face was bleeding from my venomous fangs. I tried to stop, but I kept striking out, again and again and again.

Then, suddenly I heard someone.

"HARRY!? HARRY?! Is he okay?" 

I snapped open my eyes. Amy, Dumbledore, and MacGonagall were all surrounding me. Madam Hooch was keeping the rest of the Quidditch players back. They were stretching their heads to see what was happening. The students and teachers in the stands were looking down at him. Whatever happened, happened in front of the entire school.

"Mr. Weasley!" I exclaimed. "He's not okay!"

"What's wrong with him?" Amy asked, her voice high pitched and worried. "What happened? Is he okay?" She turned to Dumbledore. "Is he gonna be alright?"

"He needs the hospital wing," Dumbledore said.

"Come on, Harry," Amy said. "Let's get you to the hospital wing."

"No -" I gasped. "No - I don't need the hospital wing! Mr. Weasley, he's in danger."

Amy looked at Dumbledore in worry. "What's he talking about?"

"Minerva," Dumbledore said, "take Harry to my office. Amelia, get the Weasley kids and Professor Snape and bring them to my office. Quickly!"

AMY'S POV

I was worried. Really worried. I didn't want to feel worried, at least not for Harry. I didn't know what was happening. Whatever it was, I could sense my father mixed into it. I sprinted over to the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

"Ron!" I cried. "Fred, George!"

They came hustling over. "What's wrong?" There was worry in all of their eyes.

"Is Harry okay?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, Harry's fine," I said. "It's your father - something's wrong!"

I dashed into the stands to get Snape and Ginny. After quickly explaining the predicament, we hurried into the castle and up to Dumbledore's office. We found the door open and Dumbledore, MacGonagall, and Harry inside.

"You called?" Snape asked.

"Yes -" Dumbledore said. "I'm afraid it can't wait until morning."

DUMBLEDORE'S POV

I sent Amelia to bed. The Weasleys were sent to Grimmauld Place. Harry was taken by Severus to begin Occlumency lessons. I waited in my office, alone, pondering what to do. If the connection was open... that would be very bad news for Harry. I prayed he would be a good Occlumens.

I walked over to my desk. I was also thinking of Amelia. I got a letter from Sirius about how Snape told him that Amelia wanted to join the Order. Was she telling the truth? Was she oblivious?

Did she even know the truth about herself?

It was troubling. I began writing a letter to Sirius. I thought it best to let her join. After all, if she was an imposter, maybe the Order would rub off on her.

But was it right to trust her? I trusted Tom Riddle, and look what happened.

AMY'S POV

I had no intention of going to bed like Dumlbedore told me. I wanted to find out what happened to Potter. After he left the room with Snape, I pretended to go to bed and followed them down to Snape's office. I disillusioned myself and stood in the doorway, listening to their conversation.