Part 27

Chapter 27 

Amy's POV

I flopped on my bed. I was home, finally. After a week at the Weasleys' house, I was finally home. Home for, well, one day before I went back to school. Yippee. 

That's sarcasm, if you don't understand. 

In all fairness, I did have a satisfactory time at the Weasleys. They and the Order were very hospitable. I was able to gain a bit of information. Apparently, the Order knew just about everything about my father's plan, so I was sure to tell him everything I found out. Hopefully it helped. 

I still kept the conversation I had with Sirius in the back of my mind.

I rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling. Moments later, I heard a knock on my door. 

"Whaaaaat?" I groaned. 

The door opened and I saw Draco standing there. He had a shy expression on his face. 

"Um ... hi, Amy," he said softly. 

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"W-welcome back," Draco mumbled. "Can I come in?" 

"Whatever." I rolled over and looked on the other direction.

Draco walked in and shut the door behind him. He sat on the foot of my bead and looked down at his feet in embarrassment. He glanced at me a few times. I sat up and looked at him. 

"What?" I asked. "What can you possibly want? Don't you know I'm sick of you?"

"I - I feel kind of bad," Draco said. 

"For what?" I demanded. 

"N-not ... you know, being there for you," Draco explained hesitantly. He looked out the window of my room. "Yeah, I know, you don't need anyone to be there for you, I get it." 

I blinked, surprised.

"But Amy ... you're my best friend. You always have been, and you always will be," Draco said. "And I know you don't like me very much right now, but I just wanted to let you know that whenever you want to ... make up for what happened ... anytime ... it doesn't matter."

I nodded, not meeting his eyes.

"You probably don't want to make up, so it's fine if you don't," Draco mumbled. "I'll just go -"

I didn't let him finish before I was holding him in a hug. "Shut up, you bloody idiot," I whispered, fighting tears. "You just shut up."

"O-okay," Draco stammered. He put his arms around me.

I held him at arms length. "Now listen, Dra," I said. "You are my best friend. Nothing, no matter how many stupid girlfriends get in the way, will ever, ever change that. Okay? Got it? Let's put everything behind us and just ... be friends."

"Sure, Amy," Draco said. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too," I replied. I playfully pushed him over. "Besides, I don't feel like drama right now. We've got O.W.L.s coming up, remember?"

A few days later ... 

 "What?" I asked, indignant. 

"Yup!" Draco exclaimed cheerfully. "It's mandatory!" 

"But ... but it's me!" I cried. "And .... and ... why?" 

Draco leaned up against the wall, laughing. He wiped a tear from his eyes. "I can't wait to hear about it," he said. 

"Who says I'll tell you?" I demanded. 

"I'll find out," Draco replied. "Amelia Riddle," he said quietly. "Career Advice."