Fredrick Chase

Fredrick's POV:-

Helen, the kids and myself were heading towards the Jackson-Blofis Residence for dinner. It had been a long time since I had seen Annabeth last. Bobby and Matthew were excited to see Percy again. We walked up to the modern looking building and got into the elevator and pressed the button with said 4 on it. The door pinged indicating that we had reached our destination. Once we all were outside the elevator, we walked towards the apartment. Before knocking on the door, Helen straightened her hair and made Bobby and Mathew look more presentable. Once they were through, I gently knocked on the door. The door was opened my a man. I think his name is Paul I'm not really sure though.

"You must be Mr.Chase. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Paul. Please come in."

Helen nodded in appreciation and walked inside with the kids behind her and me at the last. Paul shut the door after I entered. I took a minute to take in the house. In the drawing room there was a table filled with all kinds of starters and different drinks. In the drawing room there was a fireplace as well, above which there were a bunch of family pictures. What surprised me the most was that almost all those pictures had Annabeth in them. I went and sat down next to Helen who had made herself comfortable on the couch. The twins sat on the floor playing some game with their hands. Paul sat on the couch opposite us and started a conversation with us. Soon enough Sally came and sat next to Paul and joined the conversation. About 10 minutes later, I saw Annabeth coming down the steps with a sly smile on her face. She was wearing black slacks and an over sized sweatshirt that said 'Goode Swim Team.' From behind me I heard Sally say, "Really Annabeth, again."

Annabeth put a finger to her lips. She had a twinkle in eyes. She hid behind Sally and soon enough Percy came bolting down the stairs.

"Wise Girl?" At this point of time his back was towards us. Since the last time I met him he had grown taller and leaner and much more muscular. Annabeth who was hiding behind Sally could not be seen at all from where he was standing. He then turned around stalked towards Sally's chair put his hands behind it and picked Annabeth up in one swift motion. Annabeth then smiled with glee and started laughing and all the tension was washed away from Percy's face. I gently cleared my throat. The noise made the two teens look towards us. They both blushed bright red. Percy put Annabeth down.

Percy guided Annabeth towards the love chair and sat her down on his lap. Annabeth made herself comfortable on his lap. Then I did the fatherly thing,

"Get off his lap Annabeth."

I expected her to listen to me and do it but all she said was,

"No."

"Excuse me young lady. I'm your father, you have to listen to me."

"Yup, a father who didn't care when his daughter ran away when she was seven. You know what I read the newspaper everyday watched the news everyday to see a missing child report but I never saw one. I never came back because I knew that when I do there would not be loving parents waiting for me with their arms open."

"Annabeth well I,...."

I couldn't finish my statement because Annabeth had walked off.

Percy got up and walked towards me and said,

"Look, Mr.Chase, Annabeth means the world to me and it hurts me to see her like this. Take my suggestion and go and talk to her. By the way sir, with all due respect, Annabeth might not forgive you because when she needed you the most you turned your back on her."

Then Percy too turned away. I quietly stood up and walked towards the room Percy and Annabeth were in. I heard them say this,

"You know what Percy, I never thought I was capable of being loved because I had never received it,but the moment I thought you were going to accept the offer of becoming a god, I felt it. At that time I realized you were my everything. You were there for me when no one was. I pushed you away because I knew you would come back. Percy you and your family have taught me the meaning of love. My parents never did but you did. I love you Perce."

"Anna, I did all those things because you are my world, seeing you like this makes me want to choke the person who made you feel like this. Annabeth I love you and no matter how many times you push me away I will always come back. And we should stop this conversation cause your father is eavesdropping."

How did he know?

I then silently walked in and told Annabeth that I was sorry for everything and that I wanted her back in my life and needed her to stay with me. Annabeth then got off Percy's lap walked over to me and hugged me. She hugged me tight and said,

"Dad, I really love you, but I need you to accept me for me."

"Annabeth I promise all that I said.'

I looked at Percy who smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up and mouthed that he was going outside. After Annabeth broke away from the hug, she sat on the bed and I sat on the couch and we started catching up. About half an hour later Percy walked in and told us dinner was ready. Percy started to walk outside the room and then Annabeth jumped on his back. Reflexively Percy caught her tightly. I smiled at the cute scene of affection and walked towards the table.

The laughs and smiles at the table made me finally think that may be, just may be, everything would be okay now.

A/N- Sorry for the late update. I have one ready for tomorrow, so watch out.

And thank you for the sweet messages on the last chapter they mean so much to me.

Its only because of you guys that I keep writing and you guys mean the world to me. 

I love you guys, really I do. 

Sanjna

Keep Smiling (:

SONG OF THE DAY- Collide by Jake Miller <3

Also, I made a tumblr (finally). My URL is SanjnaMenon. 

My twitter is sanjna_40826

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA...