Marcus Smart

Guys this part is me saying sorry for the last one. I did not want to make anyone sad. I'm so sorry! Please enjoy this fluffy happy one!!

For the next chapter please comment what you guys want!

I love you all <3

P.S- This is the 50th Part!! Thank you all so much, for sticking with me from the start. I love you a lot!!

Even those who started later, this is for all of you.

Just so you know, you all mean the world to me!!!

Thank You So Much For Everything *gives an internet hug*

Marcus's POV: 

The venue for this family dinner was pretty gorgeous. There were these twinkly lights surrounding the dinner table and the fireplace had been light up for this very special occasion. My family was hosting a dinner right before Christmas.
The intoxicating smell of cinnamon and pumpkin was wafting throughout the house. My little sister came bolting down the stairs wearing this red dress that highlighted her blonde hair. I on the other hand was dressed in a tux, that was causing fire to erupt all over my skin.

My mother was standing in the kitchen cooking a meat pie,  my father was setting up the bar, my sister made it her mission to wreck everything in the living room and I was waiting for the guests to show up.

"Marcus, look at what I found!" said my five year old sister with a toothy grin. She then handed me a small tiara.

" I find it hardly surprising that a princess found a tiara." I then went on to place the tiara on her head careful of the braid that our mum took 20 minutes to make.

After placing it on her head, I bowed slightly in courtesy of her Royal Highness Princess Skylnn, Mistress of the Smart Household.
She gave a little giggle.

The door bell rang breaking us out of out reverie. I picked Skylynn up and carried her towards the door. I opened the door and welcomed our guests.

The family dinner was comprised of my mum's sister and our grandparents. The first people to arrive were our grandparents. Approximately after 10 minutes of their arrival the door bell rang again. This time it was our Aunt Helen.

Aunt Helen was our mom's younger sister. She was married to guy named Mr. Chase, she had twin sons named Bobby and Matthew and a step-daughter named Annabeth.

Bobby and Matthew were 5 and they got along very well with Skylynn. Annabeth on the other hand rarely came for these dinners. Hence I wasn't surprised when I opened the door to see only Aunt Helen, her husband and the twins.

Aunt Helen like always was dressed in purple and Mr. Chase was wearing a tux with a tie that matched Aunt Helen's dress. Bobby and Matthew were dressed in green and red shirts respectively with khaki pants.

Upon hearing of their arrival, my mother darted out the kitchen to greet them.
She ran towards Aunt Helen and engulfed her in a hug,
"Helen, I hope you didn't have trouble parking the car."
"Patricia don't worry Annabeth and Percy told us that they will park the car and meet us here."
"Oh that's wonderful." Replied my mother.
So Annabeth's coming. She then  led the four to the living area.
No sooner had they sat down than the doorbell rang again. This time I went to open the door and when I did I saw Annabeth with a guy who I presumed was Percy.
Annabeth was wearing a sea-green dress and the guy was wearing a tux with a silver tie.
"Marcus, this is Percy my boyfriend. Percy this is Marcus he is my cousin from Helen's side."
Percy then stuck his hand out in greeting and put on a friendly smile.
I shook his hand and led the two of them inside.
As soon as both of them came in, Bobby and Matthew came hurtling towards Percy.
"Percy, Percy look this is Skylynn. She's our cousin we were telling you about."
Percy then bent down to their level and came face to face with Sky.
"Hello Skylynn I'm Percy. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Skylynn then looked at him calculatingly and said,
"Are you a prince?"
I was just about to rush up and save him from my sisters irritating questions when I heard him answer,
"I may not be a prince but I do have a princess in my life."
"Really?"
"Yes really."
"What's her name?"
"Annabeth Chase."
"Annabeth is a princess?" Asked Skylynn looking at Percy filled with curiosity.
"Yes she is. She is the most beautiful, brave and smart princess that rules over my heart."
" You're funny." Said Skylynn with a hint of humor in her voice.
He then got back up and headed towards where the rest of us were sitting.
Annabeth was in a conversation with my parents about school. Percy came and took a seat next to me.
"How long have the two of you been together."
"About 2 years now." Said Percy fondly.
"Wow that's a long time. "
" I know I can't believe she has put up with me for so long." Said Percy gazing at Annabeth.
I suppressed a smile.
"You really like her don't you?"
"Nah. I really love her. I can't even explain how much she means to me. The amount we have been through together is crazy. I honestly cannot explain how much she means to me."
"Wow that's deep man."
" You won't understand. When you fall in love it's like the person you love becomes the reason you get up everyday, she makes life worth living. She makes you want to be your best and brings out the best in you. She helps you see the world in a different way. She makes everything better. Her one smile makes the world a better place. She is the reason you want to breathe. She becomes your gravity and your oxygen. It's hard to explain. She's my world. I'm whipped and proud about it. I can't live without her." He said all of this without lifting his eyes off Annabeth.
That is some kind of love for sure.
After about 2 seconds, he looked away from Annabeth and turned towards me.
" It's hard to tell you man. But I really love her."
" I believe you man."
Percy seemed like a man who genuinely loved her. It seemed perfect. The two of them.
Actually loved each other.
Skylynn then came running inside the living room and tugged on Annabeth's arm and pulled her inside the kitchen.
Confused I followed them inside the kitchen.
Leaving Percy to have a conversation with the parents.
I entered the kitchen and saw Annabeth sitting on a chair blindfolded.
I stood in the corner waiting for the drama to unfold.
Percy then silently walked in and got down on one knee.
He then nodded at Bobby and Matthew who proceeded to remove the blindfold.
The minute she opened her eyes her hand flew over her mouth.
" Wise Girl you have been with me through so much it's hard to thank you. I love you to the moon and back. Annabeth you make me want to live and be a better man. You have changed me and I can't thank you enough. You taught me how to love and how to just be better. Without you I'm incomplete. Annabeth thank you for putting up with me and loving me unconditionally. I love you so much. Will you please accept this offer and make me the happiest man alive my marrying me?"
By this point of time Annabeth had tears in her eyes. She nodded vigorously  and held out her left hand.
Percy let out a sigh of relief and placed the ring on her finger.
She then got up and kissed him.
She then let go and gave him a tight hug.
"Thank you so much wise girl."
"Perce you actually thought I'd say no after everything we've been through?"
" Well honestly no, but you know I was really nervous." Percy said smiling sheepishly.
"Seaweed Brain."
Skylynn then came running and tugged on Annabeth's dress.
Annabeth bent down.
"Annabeth, Percy said that you were a princess so this tiara is your now."
Skylynn then placed the tiara on Annabeth's head.
As soon as this was over all of headed back to the living room, before we reached there, I  I congratulated the newly engaged couple.
The minute we entered the living area Bobby and Matthew shouted,
" Percy is finally going to be our brother!"
After which everyone in the room went ahead to congratulate them.
The smile on both their faces made me believe it that love like this is hard to find. And when you find it you cherish it.

Hope you liked this one.
Xoxoxo
Keep Smiling (:
Sanjna.