Mary Turner

Mary's POV:-

I quickly grabbed the goodie basket to give it to my neighbours. I was new to the town and I had just moved here with my husband from England. New York was quite a cold place but never the less I’m happy we moved. The elevator door opened and I quickly rushed to their door and gently knocked on it. A lady opened the door, she was wearing an apron and had some blue food colouring on it.

“Hi! I’m Sally Jackson Blofis you are the one who recently moved here right?”  She asked with a questioning gaze and also a very warm motherly smile.

“Yes I am. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Where are my manners? Please come in.”

I left the basket on the counter top and walked inside. To the right of the kitchen was a door that was slightly ajar. I looked inside and saw a boy not more than18 in the same bed with a girl whose face was hidden in his chest.

I walked into the drawing room and sat on the table. Once I sat I saw Sally making us some coffee. She came and sat next to me.

“If you don’t mind me asking who is sleeping in that room over there?” I said pointing to the room with the boy and the girl.

“Oh that is my son Percy and his girlfriend Annabeth.”

“Sally! How can you allow that. You know teenagers these days and what they do. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to become a grandmother this fast. This is unacceptable I don’t see why you allow them to do this. It’s outrageous! Teen pregnancy rates are already high and do want to increase the rates too. It’s not like they need each other to sleep do they?”

“Actually we do.” Said the boy who was moments ago on the bed. He took two long strides and sat on the sofa opposite me.

“Annabeth and I went through a lot this summer. We lost a lot of friends and we literally went through hell and without each other especially at this time I don’t think we would be able to survive.” I could see the sadness and pain in the boy’s eyes. It looked like he hadn’t slept in days and it looked as though a storm of pain was brewing in his eyes. I did feel bad for him. It hadn’t been a minute since the boy had come when the girl walked inside the drawing room. She sat herself comfortably on the boys lap hugged him close and shut her eyes.

“Beth why are you not sleeping inside the room?”

“I thought they would take you away again. And I can’t go through that pain again. That’s why from now on you will be with me for every minute of every day. I can’t lose you again.”

The boy hugged her again and said “Wise Girl I wouldn’t even let the gods separate us again. Now you are stuck with me unless you want me to go.”

“Forever it is then.”

“Forever.”

Looking at them I felt bad about the assumption I made. I quickly finished my coffee and thanked Sally and made my way out of the house.