Joshua Raymon

Joshua's POV:-

  Finally. The day had ended and I was headed to the library for a tutoring session with Annabeth Chase. She was one of my close friends who I had a crush on but I was never vocal about it.  I adjusted my back pack on my shoulders and swung the door open to the library. When I entered I saw Annabeth taking out her books and setting them on the table. I casually walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hi Annabeth!"

"Hey Joshua. How are you?"

"I'm fine. What about you?"

"I'm great. Shall we start?"

"Definitely."

She then took out her abridged version of some Shakespeare book. She then handed be the book and told me to read page 18. When I opened the book I saw there were a few word and letters highlighted. Annabeth was busy reading something else so I asked her, "Hey Annabeth what's with the one word and few letters highlighting?"

"I didn’t highlight any singular words or letters you must be mistaken." She said with a small smile.

"Annabeth I'm being serious."

She snatched the book from my hand and read the highlighted words. After she did she had tears in her eyes and when she looked up she tears in her eyes and a massive smile on her face. She looked at someone who was standing behind me. I craned my head backward to see a guy standing there with windswept black hair and green eyes and to seal the combo he head a swimmer's lean body. Annabeth quickly got of her chair and ran to him and hugged him real tight. I had to strain my ears to figure out what was being said.

The dude said," Figured didn't do anything cheesy in a while, so here you go. Happy Birthday Wise Girl."

While their little exchange was going on I picked up the book and read the highlighted words they were:-

hello

love

you

happy

Then the next line had the letters b,i,r,t,h,d,a,y highlighted. Now why in the world would this make someone cry? My finger brushed the bottom of the page and I felt a small envelope now that got me confused. I looked on the table and saw a velvet box lying open with a beautiful ring and bracelet in it. Okay so what was this guy could be  her brother or best friend. All these ideas were crushed when I turned around and saw them kissing. Then the dude noticed me and nudged Annabeth in the stomach. She pulled him by the arm over to I was sitting.

"Perce this is Joshua one of my close friends in school and Joshua this is Percy my boyfriend."

"Pleasure to meet you Joshua, but I really need to rush to the store because Wise Girl's dad asked to pick up some grocery. Will catch up later."

He then gave Annabeth a quick peck on the lips and rushed out of the door. Then Annabeth sat back down and started teaching me. For the whole time after that the smile didn’t go of her face.