Samantha&Zayn

I link arms with the blonde haired boy besides me, grinning up at him as he finishes off the last of his cotton candy. “I’m so glad you asked me to do this. This was a great idea,” I chirp almost skipping down the path. He smiles nodding his head. We were way past due for some best friend time. Lately, when they weren’t on tour, I was spending time with Zayn. We’d been dating for a couple years now but I knew that Niall still felt neglected every once in a while. His phone vibrates, and he quickly pulls it out, reading the text, before he looks back up, his eyes searching the fair ground. I follow his gaze, trying to see what he’s looking for.  He’d been doing it all day. He seemed very distracted for a so-called best friend day. Was he searching for more food?” I wonder, but his eyes finally alight on a man drawing caricatures. I frown slightly as I look at the man. He looks familiar. Maybe if he’d just take off the hat and sunglasses… I think to myself, before Niall pulls me around to the other side of the canvas, the man blocked from view.

“Caricature please” Niall says, his voice full of amusement. I see the top of the hat nod over the canvas and Niall puts on a goofy face, which I quickly imitate. We pose silly for the 20 minutes that it takes the caricaturist to draw us.

“Done” he says gruffly, standing up and keeping his head low. With a smile, I jump out of the seat and run around to the other side of the canvas. A laugh escapes my lips, seeing the caricature of me but the smile begins to turn into confusion as I see the person beside me isn’t the blond haired boy I’d come with. In fact, it looked an awful lot like Zayn. What confused me even more was the poses. We weren’t like we’d been posing and that definitely wasn’t what we were wearing. The brown skinned, quiff boy was dressed in a suit on one knee while my caricature was standing next to him in a white dress. It almost looked like…

“Niall?” I ask confused breaking my gaze from the picture; turning to wear my blue-eyed best friend was standing. “What’s going o—“ I begin to say, but it isn’t Niall standing next to me anymore.  The caricaturist pulls off his hat and glasses, revealing flattened brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. “Zayn?” I ask confused. He smiles at me before lowering himself onto one knee, his eyes never leaving mine. He takes a deep breath, taking my hands in his.

“Sam, I know I haven’t always been the best boyfriend. And that we are on tour a lot, but I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone. And I know that we are young, but with you by my side, I feel like I could do anything. Samantha, would you do me the honor of being my wife?”

I let out a gasp, my throat closing up and my eyes welling up with tears. He looks at me worriedly for a second.

“Oh yea. Hang on” he says, releasing my hands and rummaging through his pockets, before pulling out a small black box, popping it open and revealing a small gold band, a diamond sat squarely in the middle.

“Oh my god” I whisper. “Oh my god”

“So is that a yes?” he asks nervously.

“Come on say yes!” Niall pipes up. A laugh bubbles up out my lips and I’m to excited to speak. I nod my head enthusiastically, before finally finding the words.

“Yes!” I squeak “Yes” I repeat, pulling him back up to his feet. His face splits into a grin and his arms slide around my waist, pulling me to him, peppering me with kisses.